 Trains / 16681
  Virtual Southwestern-style Train Station

More tinkering with the new 2x2 curved slope element has led me to try a start to a virtual train station. This 2x2 curved slope, used in massive virtual quantities, seems to approximate the Spanish roof tiles. This 2x2 curved slope has become a CAD (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Virtual Southwestern-style Train Station

(...) <snip> Oh James, must you continue to make the rest of us look bad? <grin> Lovely, just lovely. But shouldn't there be a SuperChief parked in front of it? JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Virtual Southwestern-style Train Station

(...) Ha. But, I can't really build this, and I'm small-town compared to you Big-time Builders. All you makers of huge-o-mongous layouts, sculptures, and scenery. Yeah, all you Train Club folks, you're Big-Town Players! I really admire your (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Virtual Southwestern-style Train Station

(...) really like the idea of this as a possible set like creation. Having the whole thing interchangeable. Also its great to see the 2x2 slope start to grow into a very usfull peice. And I am sure a soon to be in high demand part aswell. (I think I (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Virtual Southwestern-style Train Station

Now that is a beauty! Esp. love that roof style, well done! Your station reminds me much of one I was at about a month ago in Southern CA, the Fullerton train station. Found a link for some pics: (URL) one note: photos are iPIX, so they could take (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Virtual Southwestern-style Train Station

(...) If only the part was available in massive quantities. (...) Thanks for the link to photos. I've now posted some revisions to the station. I've also rendered images of the modules that could be compiled to make a variety of building layouts (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Virtual Southwestern-style Train Station

Sorry, forgot to put the link to the new images. (URL) tower idea is there, as well. later, James Mathis (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Virtual Southwestern-style Train Station

(...) You know, if you ever want to move to Minneapolis I'm sure we could find room for you in our little group... What do you think about the occasional -40 degree temperatures in the middle of January? ;-) JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Virtual Southwestern-style Train Station

James, I really love your roof idea. I live in southern California, so I see this style of construction all the time. I just wish it were actually possible to get enough of those curved slope piece in real life to achieve what you've done in virtual (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.trains)