 Trains / 16179
  Re: Under Hanging Train Idea: v1 Concept design

(...) Robin, I sure do remember your Sky Train model. Several years old, if I remember correctly. Good show! Some success on real-brick-build: Tonight I have built a real-brick working version of this under rail system. The height of the track (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Under Hanging Train Idea: v1 Concept design

(...) Cool! (...) You could provide a bit of friction in the rotating mount. This'll reduce the swing-out effect as well, but should solve the "swing-in" problem. You could try squeezing the bushes together further than normal. This can increase the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Under Hanging Train Idea: v1 Concept design

(...) This swing out and back in is prototypical! See, for instance "Top Gun" at Paramount King's Island or "Iron Dragon" at Cedar Point. These are instances of a class of coaster called "suspended" roller coasters and have bogies that run on (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Under Hanging Train Idea: v1 Concept design

(...) That should say: When transitioning from CURVED to tangent track... (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Under Hanging Train Idea: v1 Concept design

(...) I think those old power pickups would be the way to go. The slightly newer ones have a thin enough pin to be able to be plugged into a 12v wire. Of course "pure" solution would be to use a 12v motor, but a little cutting of wire would provide (...) (22 years ago, 19-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Under Hanging Train Idea: v1 Concept design

(...) <snip coaster descriptions> Here's an MPeg movie of the car going through a curve at speed regulator position 5: (URL) movie(s) to come. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 20-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Under Hanging Train Idea: v1 Concept design

(...) Correction: not speed 5, rather speed 4. Sorry. (...) One more movie is now available. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 20-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)