 Trains / 15938
Re: Nice double stack container cars!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:00:56 GMT

So far they run well through the curves but I havent had a chance to try
them through switches. There doesnt seem to be any interference with the
laders. And I belive they tend to run the container cars in groups of 3's
and 5's. Now I dont know if that is totaly dependent on the make of the cars.

Thanks for checking them out.

Dave

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
Thanks for building the container cars.  I've only built two cars; ie:
(wheels with magnet)-car-(shared wheels)-car-(wheels with magnet)

From other container car discusions here, I think that this whole string of
cars is actually defined to be "one car" in the freight train industry. Is
that completely independent of how many cars you string together with shared
wheelsets?  Say ten cars all with shared wheels; still one car?

Dave:  Your build-ups of the cars look good. I like the ladders.  Do they
run OK through curvy-curves and through switches OK in both push and pull
directions?

later,
James

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:

Hmmm, the second link shows James' building instructions, but I did find
yours on Brickshelf at: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=14167

They look good, the parts subsitution works well.

jt

In lugnet.trains, David VinZant writes:
Yes, if you follow the second link. That link shows the container cars I
built using James Mathis instructions. So I am sorry if that was unclear the
first time.

Dave

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:

Do you have some pictures online of your design?

jt

In lugnet.trains, David VinZant writes:
Now let me start off by saying that this is not my design. I had first seen
this design done by James Mathis. He had them being pulled (virtualy) by his
new Santa Fe deisel freight engine.

So I looked through his pictures and found he has instructions for the
double stacks.

But when I got started on building the cars. I found that some of the parts
needed I just didnt have. Or I didnt have them in the same color. So I had
to make some alterations to them. But they still turned out very simulare to
the original plans that James had made.

Also with the containers they are just standard LEGO town size containers.

Enjoy
Dave