 Trains / 15920
Re: Nice double stack container cars!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 01:12:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

David VinZant wrote:

Now let me start off by saying that this is not my design. I had first seen
this design done by James Mathis. He had them being pulled (virtualy) by his
new Santa Fe deisel freight engine.

So I looked through his pictures and found he has instructions for the
double stacks.

I kind of missed these the first time around, and as it so happens, I am right
in the middle of designing a GE AC6000CW AND some Gunderson Maxi-stack
container cars (I got really revved up on these at our last train show), so I
am very familiar with the designs and problems of each, and I gotta say James
that you have done an excellent job capturing the feel of these cars and loco!

Thanks for checking it out.  I do understand now that I may not have the
correct company model number etc. correct for it.
I don't think I would have even tried to model it if the S@H Santa Fe loco
hadn't come out with the red split-window windscreen element.

You really have the ability to think and design "minifig scale", which is a
talent that I have never really grasped.   Yeah, seeing stuff "to scale" with
MFs is nice, but compressed MF scale stuff has a "cuteness" all its own which
is just as endearing.

"Cute" that is a good word for a model like this.  Happy cute brute of a diesel.

Now, get on Bricklink and put that baby together FOR REAL! ;-)

I've got the diesel locomotive done except for a few elements in the wrong
colors.  Need Bricklink more in order to make more container cars.

later,
James Mathis