 Trains / 15912
Re: Nice double stack container cars!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:33:51 GMT

David VinZant wrote:

Now let me start off by saying that this is not my design. I had first seen
this design done by James Mathis. He had them being pulled (virtualy) by his
new Santa Fe deisel freight engine.

So I looked through his pictures and found he has instructions for the
double stacks.

I kind of missed these the first time around, and as it so happens, I am right
in the middle of designing a GE AC6000CW AND some Gunderson Maxi-stack
container cars (I got really revved up on these at our last train show), so I
am very familiar with the designs and problems of each, and I gotta say James
that you have done an excellent job capturing the feel of these cars and loco!

You really have the ability to think and design "minifig scale", which is a
talent that I have never really grasped.   Yeah, seeing stuff "to scale" with
MFs is nice, but compressed MF scale stuff has a "cuteness" all its own which
is just as endearing.

Now, get on Bricklink and put that baby together FOR REAL! ;-)

-John