 Trains / 15914
Re: Nice double stack container cars!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:56:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

David VinZant wrote:

Now let me start off by saying that this is not my design. I had first seen
this design done by James Mathis. He had them being pulled (virtualy) by his
new Santa Fe deisel freight engine.

So I looked through his pictures and found he has instructions for the
double stacks.

I kind of missed these the first time around, and as it so happens, I am right
in the middle of designing a GE AC6000CW AND some Gunderson Maxi-stack
container cars (I got really revved up on these at our last train show), so I
am very familiar with the designs and problems of each, and I gotta say James
that you have done an excellent job capturing the feel of these cars and loco!

I belive thats a Dash 9-44CW he has there;-)... I can't wait to seeyou
AC6000CW though!  I bet its gonna look great!  Especially that over hanging
vent...
Josh

You really have the ability to think and design "minifig scale", which is a
talent that I have never really grasped.   Yeah, seeing stuff "to scale" with
MFs is nice, but compressed MF scale stuff has a "cuteness" all its own which
is just as endearing.

Now, get on Bricklink and put that baby together FOR REAL! ;-)

-John