 Trains / 15848 (-20)
  Re: How to make a plow!?

The plows are also called cow-catchers (their original function) and I use 2 of these parts to create mine on my Galloping Goose Paul S (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

Well I was going to wait until Friday to start posting new picts of my "Blue Baron 4-8-4 SteamLoco" but, after the request of that cow catcher I couldn't resist to give out a teaser. While I have some other details I am working on with the train I (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

(...) Very nice!! I like it! Would love to see more photos of this!\ Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

Here you go.. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

Yeah, that's the piece. It's skinny enough that you might be able to put a couple at an angle in front of the train - I think that's what train plows look like? JB (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

"John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message news:Gt9wLF.1LF@lugnet.com... (...) radar (...) if (...) more (...) I think you are referring to this piece: (URL) was my initial thought to a possible solution when I read the original post. Mike (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

The Blockade Runner model uses a thing a lot like a plow blade as it's radar antenna. I haven't managed to figure out what the part number is yet. But if you look really closely at the pics of the model, you'll see it on top more or less in the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  how to do a cow-catcher for my American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive?

I am currently building an American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive and am stuck on how best to do the cow-catcher (I think thats what its called anyway, its the grille thing on the front at the bottom) Also, if anyone has any links to places with (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) I agree! It's really not much of a Limited Edition if there's another run, simply without the numbered tiles and certificate. The certificate didn't even have the numbers printed on it, so what's it worth in the long run really? Obviously, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

I modified one of my test plows for a town truck, this looks a tad corny but, I think this might get you in the direction you want to go. The biggest problem I found was how thin and small could you make it while still make it look like a plow. Its (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) Clearly the moral to the story is don't get married ever again. Kerry (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) It's probably easier to swap our LUGnet numbers for our SuperChief numbers :-) Kerry (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Even Youngsters add to the quality of Lugnet....

(...) I would/am... if only I had more than 10 windows(bulk pack) and no train doors. )-: Still, they are interesting.. and I find train to be the most demanding theme. I've been experimenting alot with SNOT, (you have to when you can't find more (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

(...) Yup thats it! Josh (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) To quote a toyota ad...B****R [censored to suit seppo tastes :) ] I get back from a supposedly non-lego honey-moon, prepare myself to order one...and they're all gone :( At least the boss will be happy :) Benjamin Whytcross [Who has an (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Town Building Contest: voter registration now open

If you would like to vote in the Town Building contest, please read the Voting page at (URL) follow the instructions. Voting will be open from 00:01 PST Friday March 22nd, to midnight PST on Sunday March 31st. Between now and Friday, when voting (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

Hey Josh, Some clarity on that loco pilot plow... Are you referring to the small plow on the front of diesels say about 2- 2.5 feet tall and train width wide that sits just in front of the lead wheels? If so I have got something that might work for (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  more GMLTC layout pictures

Here are a few more pictures of our current 'in progress' layout, taken last weekend in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Highlights include Rickey's Coca-Cola truck, Bill's cactus, the wild rave party on a building roof (complete with DJ team), Thomas meeting (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  How to make a plow!?

After MANY, MANY, MANY tries I still have not managed to build a good looking Loco Pilot plow! Has anyone suceeded? I need it 8 wide, my most recent tries were 10 & 6 wide:-(... Don't ask for me to outline my tries, if you suggest it I'll say (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) I'm happy with the 2 I purchased - but will probably buy more non-numbered ones (assuming they will be available). Though I'd probably be interested in swapping a number packet for A0469 (my Lugnet number) if it becomes available. ROSCO (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact