 Trains / 15833 (-20)
  Town Building Contest: voter registration now open

If you would like to vote in the Town Building contest, please read the Voting page at (URL) follow the instructions. Voting will be open from 00:01 PST Friday March 22nd, to midnight PST on Sunday March 31st. Between now and Friday, when voting (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  Re: How to make a plow!?

Hey Josh, Some clarity on that loco pilot plow... Are you referring to the small plow on the front of diesels say about 2- 2.5 feet tall and train width wide that sits just in front of the lead wheels? If so I have got something that might work for (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  more GMLTC layout pictures

Here are a few more pictures of our current 'in progress' layout, taken last weekend in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Highlights include Rickey's Coca-Cola truck, Bill's cactus, the wild rave party on a building roof (complete with DJ team), Thomas meeting (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  How to make a plow!?

After MANY, MANY, MANY tries I still have not managed to build a good looking Loco Pilot plow! Has anyone suceeded? I need it 8 wide, my most recent tries were 10 & 6 wide:-(... Don't ask for me to outline my tries, if you suggest it I'll say (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) I'm happy with the 2 I purchased - but will probably buy more non-numbered ones (assuming they will be available). Though I'd probably be interested in swapping a number packet for A0469 (my Lugnet number) if it becomes available. ROSCO (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

I called US Shop-At-Home this morning and they verified for me that they are still on thier initial shipment of Super Chiefs, meaning that they are the Limited Edition ones. They are limiting orders to 3 per person. As I have already purchased 24, (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Attn: John E. Jones

I noticed that you have received Sante Fe 10020 #A0377. That happens to be my Lugnet membership number. I would like to see if you would trade me that number (the little package with numbered tile and certificate) for a lower number (#A0354). Thank (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

(...) I, for one, will be glad to purchase sets without the number tile. While I'm glad it helped spur interest in buying the Super Chief, I don't think it will mean much in the future as far as value. I think the set stands on it's own. The limited (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Your definition of "memorial" must be a lot more restricted than mine, because lots of towns and cities have memorials to the local men and boys who died in the "Great War"... --Bill. (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: New MOCs, some entries for the TOWN Contest

(...) Proving therefore it's your numbering skills rather than my spotting skills that are at fault. :-) Steve (I once built an SD90MAC but it never got wheels) Lane (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Wow!

Wow! What an amazing model. At first I didn't believe my eyes when I opened the little thumbnail at brickshelf. I wish I had that many tiles. But the downpart is, that using this many tiles you don't see a lot of studs anymore, which should be (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

It already looks like 6 have been sold on Bricklink. Prices range from $55 to $150(!): (URL) A =+= Have you explored Arthur’s Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chiefs all gone?

Sure sounds like it.. Wonder what the largest single order of them was before they brought in the 3 per order limit? How many did everyone order? I purchased 4.. -- Jason King LugNet #665 Deidre Rushton Brumby <drb@tasmail.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  239 ideas book

Now that the scans are back on brickshelf I has been browsing for the first time. My attention was taken by the 239 ideas book (its german but mainly pictures) There are some amazing images and models in ther, especially when you consider the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Super Chiefs all gone?

Looks like we're through the limited edition run of Super Chiefs, at least originating in Europe. Yesterday it was listed as backordered, ship within 30 days but still with the limited edition description. Today it says Ship by 24 April, and the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics: 8 wide Super Chief cars

great work John! It also looks like we know who cornered the market in gray roundtop bricks and 1x2x2 clear thinwalls ;) -c (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Compression was one of the more challenging constraints. One of the most endearing traits of TLC official sets (to me) is their ability to suggest an actual structure without actually needing to model all of it in scale. (Their old passenger (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) Unfortunately, I have never been on a train, and even worse, they have threatened to remove funding for the three Amtrak lines still in service near Union Station here in KC. I have until July to catch a train ride before they potentially go (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) There is still a lot of 2002 left, and "greatest", like beauty, is always in the eye of the beholder - but I sincerely appreciate the compliment! I really liked your Desert Express as well as the Riviera, so I had imagined them stopping at (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: MOC: Union Station - Kansas City, MO

(...) I tried to change this on "Edit Profile" but nothing seems to happen. Can anyone help? Anyway, it's markhchan@comcast.net, or try markchan@sprintmail.com My ISP (@home) got bought out by Comcast and switched domains this month. Thanks! Mark (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact