 Trains / 156
Re: FS: 5561 model team Off-Road Van 4x4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 20:46:22 GMT

Cindy Salwen wrote:

A local store has a pile of the model team 5561 Off-Road Van 4x4 available.  I
can pick these up for people for $50 plus shipping for the complete set.  I am
also selling 2 sets without the windows, windshield, and doors for $40 plus
shipping, or best offer.  Or I would consider breaking another set up and
selling selected parts if anyone is interested.

Cindy

This is a good deal, especially if you like red or white, this set has a
fair number of red and white plates and red and white slopes... also red
and white train windows (but with plain clear glass) and white train
doors. (The last which of course are not included in the 40 dollar
offer)

Happy owner of 5 5561's :-) (with three more already in train to me from
Cindy)

I made a chemical tank car out of 4 of the wheel hubs from this set, and
a red central cylinder from the eagle stunt flyer nose... To me it gave
a nice sense of very heavy, highly pressurised tankage.

Speaking of chemical tanks, I also made a hydrogen tanker from all the
1x1 round yellows I got from AucZILLA VI. They form groups of horizontal
cylinders (5 cylinders wide across the width of the car by 4 high) with
occasional technic beams for bulkheads, and I take advantage of the 5:6
ratio, as they are in 3 groups of 5 long that take up 6 studs of
horizontal distance each.

I REALLY want my camera back! It's now actually being repaired. :-)

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.