 Trains / 15456
Re: 8 wide Super Chief (Kjeld was right!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:29:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
This project came as a result of a story told by Brad Justus at
BricksWest 2002.  I'll explain.

A while back, Brad was in Billund, and he was showing off to Kjeld the
pre-production 10020.  As Kjeld was "Oohing" and "Ahhing" over the
model, he said to Brad, "But if we made it 8 wide, we could put in more
detail!"  That's not quite the end of the story, but it was enough for
me!  Kjeld is a closet 8 wide admirer!!! {:^D

And so I decided to build that 8 wide Super Chief so that Kjeld could
see what it could have looked like, and I would like to dedicate this
MOC to him:-)
_____________

About the MOC:

Since I haven't received my 10020s yet, I wasn't able to use any of the
special parts created for it, so what you see is created from my
"pile";-)  I took some design cues from the 10020 because I wanted to
compare them, but basically I modeled from pics and schematics from
books.  I may leave this MOC intact and build another from kit-bashed
10020 parts; I haven't decided yet.  Both headlights work and there is
also a cabin light-- I'll have to take some pics in the dark to show
those off.

I will of course be building B units and passenger cars, but wanted to
toss this out first for your viewing pleasure-- it's in my Brickshelf 8
wide folder.  Enjoy:-)

John it looks great.I'm sure it will be even better(not that it needs to it
already rocks) when you get your 10020(s).I now look forward to my buddy
Steve R.s version.
By the way John again thanks for the inspiration on your tan building.My
version (griswold place)seemed to be well liked at our last train show.
C W Leach
MichLTC