 Trains / 15433
Re: Santa Fe distribution pattern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:45:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains, William R. Ward writes:
Based on the way Brad Justus described the situation, I doubt that
there will be any pattern in the end.  He said they grabbed the first
five off the production line because that was the only way to be sure
they got the first five.  So I'm thinking that the rest of them are
all jumbled up together...

My guess is that when we have enough sets registered to see the final pattern
it will tell us how many sets there are on a pallet.

The sets will come off the line and be put in boxes, the boxes will be placed
on a pallet.  A pallet would be the smallest shipping unit, so a certain number
of pallets will go to north america and a certain number will go to the
distribution center for europe and any other distribution centers they have.

The pallets will probably get mixed up as they are put into the warehouse and
removed from the warehouse prier to shipping to the distribution centers.

Derek