 Trains / 15409
  Santa Fe distribution pattern

Hello all, I believe a pattern is starting to emerge from the LEGO® Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry, in particular the watersheds between North-America and Europe. My guess is that the distribution seems to be as follows: (I assume a (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe distribution pattern

(...) Well shop at home in australia and new zealand is served from the european wearhouse so one would assume sets for us would come out of the same "pool" as those for europe. (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe distribution pattern

(...) [snip] (...) Based on the way Brad Justus described the situation, I doubt that there will be any pattern in the end. He said they grabbed the first five off the production line because that was the only way to be sure they got the first five. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe distribution pattern

(...) Aus & NZ are serviced from Europe - I'm not sure whether or not they'd have separate batches. Note Frances Schroeter has A6274, which is in a "Europe batch". ROSCO (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe distribution pattern

(...) Well, the grouping that occured up until now is very obvious. It seems unlikely to me that this would have happenend when the sets where "all jumbled up together". It seems also highly unlikely that a "jumbled up" pattern is going to emerge (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe distribution pattern

(...) Good sleuthing! I would say that taking batches of a few hundred and directing them one way, then the other, is a fair bit of jumbling. But not as much jumbling as putting all 10000 on a waxed floor and swirling them around before repacking, I (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe distribution pattern

(...) My guess is that when we have enough sets registered to see the final pattern it will tell us how many sets there are on a pallet. The sets will come off the line and be put in boxes, the boxes will be placed on a pallet. A pallet would be the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe distribution pattern

(...) The devisions between North-America and Europe are already closly converging towards ...000 numbers, so I would say that number is 100. (...) Or they made sure and preformed a small ballet with a few forklifttrucks. With friendly greetings, M. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe distribution pattern

(...) I had to look that one up, Larry. (...) Yea, it's funny to try and imagine Brad and his small team doing that. (...) I suspect they preformed a small ballet with a few forklifttrucks, and there where 100 sets on each pallet. With friendly (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe distribution pattern

M. Moolhuysen wrote: <snipped> (...) The three I purchased have the numbers A6117, A6293 and A6406. Grahame Christchurch, New Zealand (22 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)