 Trains / 15403 (-20)
  Re: Any Canadian Santa Fe Buyers?

"John Grubber" <jgrubber2000@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:Gs5n5D.Aus@lugnet.com... (...) much (...) I've got six coming (4 for me, 2 for a VLC member) to BC. You get nailed the exchange rate of about 1.62 and LEGO charges you up to $12USD for (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) This is in the dealings of DP, Depositied power... DP is standard in newer North American loco's computers, uses Radio Frequencies, allows the engineer to precisely control the rear engine, taking off slightly slower then the lead loco, to (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GFLTC at SMRC Palmetto Train Show w Super Chief

(...) The power came from the coach right after the second Super Chief and that did contribute to the problem as the Super Chief is a little top heavy and a motor would help in stability. (...) Yes, at this point only rotation is powered but I do (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry

Just Conjecture but... Brad Justus at BricksWest indicated that the first 10,000 units of the set 10020 were "limited edition" sets with the numbers specific for each set, the subject of the registry now going on. He indicated that the Super Chief (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any VIA Rail MOCS? Any VIA loco/car photos?

(...) I remember James Powell from the PNLTC brought his to the VLC Lansdowne display. I'm not sure if he's at Her Majesty's Convience... right now but I think it's on his webpage. -Tim Tosino (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Any VIA Rail MOCS? Any VIA loco/car photos?

Hi all, Has anyone done any VIA rail trains in LEGO? Perhaps converted a metroliner or something? Also, can someone direct me to a sit ethat might have good photos of actual VIA cars? Finally, can someone direct me to a good photo site for train (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Any Canadian Santa Fe Buyers?

Hi all, has anyone from Canada bought the 10020 SF Locomotive yet? If so, how much did it cost with shipping and exchange? I figure it will be at least $75 Canadian... but i reeeeallly want it... john (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Final Design SF Coaches

Well, After much debate on what to change and what to keep I decided to go with a mix of ideas to dressup my impression of the coaches. Enjoy. I have three total in the works two are done one still needs some more windows. (URL) I wonder if I should (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) I am not sure but I would tend to lean toward both correct, different meanings. Commuter practice puts controls in the ends of "some" (or all) cars so that when the consist is made up a car with a controlset is at the very end of the consist, (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Porthole alternative

(...) Thanks for the construction idea. later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: GFLTC at SMRC Palmetto Train Show w Super Chief

"Kung-Khoon Quah" <kquah1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:Gs58Iu.H59@lugnet.com... | Hopefully GFLTC has the honor to be the first to run the Santa Fe Super | Chief on an operating train track at the SMRC Train Show in Palmetto, | Florida (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

(...) I've seen the term "push-pull" (in at least one coffee-table type railfan book) used to refer to one locomotive at each end of a consist. Is that incorrect usage of the term, or does it have two completely different meanings? -- Tony Hafner (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is the word out? (Was Re: 10020 Registry opinion)

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message > (...) are (...) I think that the registry was a great idea for the following reasons; 1. See how many are purchased through LUGNET and RTL people. 2.. Track the distribution of numbers. There (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GFLTC at SMRC Palmetto Train Show w Super Chief

(...) Yeah, I know. I found that one out myself. Unfortunately, my Super Chief ran off a meter high table. :-( Regards, Steve Martin IndyLUG (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  GFLTC at SMRC Palmetto Train Show w Super Chief

Hopefully GFLTC has the honor to be the first to run the Santa Fe Super Chief on an operating train track at the SMRC Train Show in Palmetto, Florida this weekend Feb 23 & 24. Thanks to Robin Werner for fast shipping the Super Chief and building the (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib

(...) Bet you a dollar he's typing on a non german keyboard and is a touch typist. German keyboards have the Y and Z transposed from English/American ones and if you don't remember that you tend to transpose. I know I did when I was using them (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib

(...) Oh man... Sweet! Have you found any diamond yet? ;-) Namibia sounds cool. Or hot, depending on where you stand! (...) TIA for the pics, and a little PS: check the keyboard, there is something wrong with the "y's"... :-P Pedro (Loking forward (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib

Hi @ll, just realized while relaxing in the Desert Express office that I am not onlz a topic in Windhoeks german newspaper :-) Yeah, this is really a fascinating trip the people from Desert Express and the inwolved tourism operators (AVIS - giving a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Porthole alternative

"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> wrote in message news:000101c1be6b$f6...1681@bl... (...) *Not* a coincidence... ;-) Cheers ---...--- Carlo Ottolina Lugnet #24 (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Porthole alternative

(...) of (...) That is a very good design. Thanks for the tip--I have been wanting to use these porthole panels this way but did not take time to engineer it. My first thought about portholes for trains (especially 10020) was to use thin-wall panel (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact