 Trains / 15371
  Re: No big Deal: B-Unit for 10020 Super Chief

(...) Interesting ... At BricksWest, Brad Justus said several times that B-units should have three round windows on each side. Yours has two, but it's faithful to the Lionel model you were basing it on. I wonder if the Lionel kit or Brad was wrong? (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  B-Unit Service Pack

(...) I'm wondering about the supposed B-unit service pack. It seems like it would have a lot of parts I'd like, personally. Has anything more explicit come out on this, besides what's in Ahui's transcripts? The possibilities that surround having (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: No big Deal: B-Unit for 10020 Super Chief

(...) Bill, Check out (URL) to that article, the different number of portholes is based on the actual locomotive. FT A and B units had 4 portholes each, F3 A and B units had 3 portholes each, and F7 A units had 2 portholes, while F7 B units had 3. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: No big Deal: B-Unit for 10020 Super Chief

(...) 3 is right for most "B" units. If you want specifics, get appropriate copies of "Extra 2200 South" (IIRC, that is the correct title, the railfan's Diesel spotter mag) (...) Ya, the real ones would have doors in the nose. My F has a simulated (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)