 Trains / 15323 (-20)
  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:Gs1w3z.5vE@lugnet.com... (...) USPS. (...) edition. They didn't give me a choice on delivery service. We usually end up with USPS by default. My limited edition sets arrived by USPS (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

I ordered two on Friday the 15th, along with a Deluxe Metro Liner Kit. Got the Metroliner Wednsday, called S@H friday and inquired about the Super Chiefs, they said they shipped that day, and I received them Saturday via USPS. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

(...) Jim, Call Lego and get the UPS tracking number, then plug it in at www.ups.com and see where your shipment is. I called Lego on Thursday, the day after I ordered a pair of 10020s and got my tracking number. According to UPS my package is about (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

Guess I spoke too soon. Checked the box this morning, and everything was there; light kit and both Super Chiefs. I guess they all shipped when the light kit was shipped Wednesday. I live in Georgia, so it looks like the Post office came through at 3 (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

Thanks for the clarification. I think that my reading of the original message was incorrect. K Eilers (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

"crunch-o-matic" <naughty.monkey@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Gs21st.JA3@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) FWIW - you can't order just train wheels any more, you have to order the wagon plate kit. Depending on what you want, it can be more (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

Well, normaly UPS from CT to IL should be 3 days. They scan it in at any stop along the way. So if you count 1 or 2 to pack and ship 3 days to deliver, omitting Sat and Sun (Sat because it isn't overnight) I should have got them on Fri. I'm begining (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

"Rob Hendrix" <rmhendrix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gs0DvF.Av7@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) I've been doing that for some time. For example, my 4561 has unique numbers because I cut up the stickers. On my My Own Train, my number is 313. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

(...) My order person forced me to use UPS even though I strongly requested USPS. I was told there is a concern with tracking since this is a limited edition. (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: I Joined the Navy...

(...) Hey, lol, I just joined the USMC (Thats United State Marine Corps) yesterday, Feb 23rd! I leave for Boot Camp September 10th... I guess I'll make up during the summer to get on that list again! Josh (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

I am a purist in a sense, but I dislike Lego stickers all together. I had to put some on this model, but I wanted to be "different". I still have my limited edition. numbers intact in the original packaging. I hacked up the ones that came with the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) This ref has been posted a bunch of times now, and I agree it's great. But I've got to go dig up a different one to get a contrasting view. This link shows the coaches have no stripes at all, like I said earlier in the thread. ++Lar (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief orders and arrivals

I ordered mine on the 16th and I haven't got them yet. The lady at s@h had no idea these were even in the system. I asked to "preorder" a pair and she was confused. I explained to her that I knew they weren't shipping yet and I wanted to pay for (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbers

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:Gs0o3n.A3p@lugnet.com... (...) than (...) to a (...) A4558 or (...) them is (...) Bricks (...) I have a 6027 Bat Lord's Catapult regards lawrence (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) I disagree. What I see there is some grey below all the stripes, so I think Wayne's coaches look a bit better than the 10020. The black is just outlining above and below the stripes, and to me the red and yellow look nearer the same size than (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

This is an excellent link. I imagine some other person has brought this to our attention before. It certainly helps to look at what they really were. Imagination is the name of the game, however realism is very cool as well. K Eilers (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Numbers

Rob - Great idea on the numbering. This sounds like it would fit well with the trains. I think that all things like this should be named (or numbered in this case). My favorite set, Croc is something I never came upon. And if you don't mind I am (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Sante Fe 10020

Rob - That is a great idea. However, will you still be able to keep the original number in tact? As a reforming purist, this makes me a touch edgy. When mine arrive they will be built in due time and retain their markings. My thought was to do it (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) On this page (URL) it shows a black stripe above the yellow. It also looks like the red line is about the same width as the yellow & black combined, so maybe you could use the red bases (2 plates high) with one plate each of yellow & black. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Adding the SF Coaches...

(...) John, This is one I totally have to disagree on for several reasons. 1st and most important being my silly scale Method, I'm not up to speed exactly on scaled down cars like Larry and friends however the 6*28 plates are just to short. I'm (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact