 Trains / 15211
Re: I've got mine (too)!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:57:01 GMT

Hi everyone!

I'm now the happy owner of two Santa Fe Super Chief engines (number A6195
and A6465).  I placed my order the 18th and today (the 21st) they had
arrived (here in Belgium).

The big box says "Limited Edition" in the lower right corner, and when you
open it, several bags tumble out.  In it is one little bag, which has a
piece of paper (which looks like a page of a manual) and two 1x2 red tiles.
One of this tiles has the number (in my case A6195 or A6465) printed on it,
while the other tile has the Lego-logo centered in the middle.  The 'piece
of paper' has on one side the model of the train 'in building instruction
style' where you can put the two tiles, while the backside has the following
text (in English and German):

"Congratulations!

Santa Fe Super Chief Limited Edition

This document certifies that you are the owner of a first-edition Lego(r)
Santa Fe Super Chief model.  A limited quantity of 10.000 of the
distinguished diesel locomotiv sets was produced under license from the
Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Company for the initial production
run.  A special tile included in each set displays your engine's unique
production number.

[Signature] of Kjed Kirk Kristiansen"

So the actual "limited edition" is acutally the little tile ^_-

In the box you find the sticker sheet, and there you have 2 sets of 4
stickers with a number on it (the 27 and 301).  So I guess that once the
Limited Edition is over, the train will be still available, but without the
special tile.

I examined the boxes carefully, and there's nothing to be found about the
special tile inside; the only things that catch your eye are the 'Limited
Edition' print on the front,  and a sticker on the side stating "SANTA FE
and THE SUPER CHIEF are registered trademarks of The Burlington Northern and
Santa Fe Railway Company, used here with permission."

I hope this is enough info to satisfy you all, because now I am going to
stop mailing and start building!

Carl