 Trains / 15222
Re: I've got mine (too)!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 22:09:26 GMT

"Steve Martin" <martinsa@mail.com> wrote in message
news:GrwJz2.AqL@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.trains, Scott Arthur writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

I wonder if part of the real issue is they had to pay for the license up
front to BNSF for a specific number and therefore since they were limited
anyway, they just went ahead and made this a "first-edition" collectors • item.

Steve Martin
IndyLUG

Do we know for a fact that LEGO paid for a license or did they just have to
get permission from BNSF?  I read the transcript of Brad's talk at
BricksWest but don't recall how this was phrased.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot