 Trains / 15226
Re: I've got mine (too)!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 23:03:25 GMT

Do we know for a fact that LEGO paid for a license or did they just have to get permission from BNSF?

To answer your question is ...yes... LEGO got permission to use and produce
the stickers of BNSF logo.   I am not sure what deal was made.  And I
believe BNSF  wants or would like to sell the set in their company store for
BNSF employees.   Also the start of the idea of  making the LEGO Super chief
to become a set  was about  5 to 6 months.   From what I re-call when asking
the question about it.

note: the fastest LEGO theme or line or sets produce from idea to production
was the 1998 World Cup football sets.   It took LEGO about  4 months to make.

-Abner
LUGNET #545
GMLTC.ORG