 Trains / 14948 (-20)
  Re: New Intermodal Spine Car

(...) Thanks! Yep, the next step for me is to actually see if I can make another version that uses a shared wheelset like some cars have....yikes. And same here, looking forward to seeing your creations in person! Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Intermodal Spine Car

(...) It is a very handsome and realistic-looking model, Jake! Now you need to build about 10 more;-) I look forward to seeing it and you at BricksWest! -John (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Intermodal Spine Car

(...) Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I did use MegaPOV. I didn't have a chance to do the same thing for the trailer yet. I have to say that I am VERY impressed with the quality of the output from using MegaPOV with edge detection. It takes some (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Intermodal Spine Car

(...) [snip] (...) Jake, The instructions for the spline car look great. Where they rendered with MEGA POV-Ray with edge detection? The car design is good too - lots of details in a small package. Bob (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Rail Racer prototype

Well that's why it's a prototype, I'm working second car but want to test out the engine first to see if it has any potentail before I go to far with it. If it runs well at the show this weekend I'll complete the second car for it....if I get (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Rail Racer prototype

It doesn't look like it has two train cars. Are you by passing your own rules? Or am I just missing something? (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Eurostar v1 MOC

(...) That's fantastic- The use of the space-type canopy is really good. what's it from? (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  msltc website update and MOC lift bridge

Thanks to Matthew and John for getting our website up to date ((URL) Matt's made some of the awesome buildings you can view there. I especially like his church with the stained glass windows, removable roof, and chandelier. I prefer to make (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New Intermodal Spine Car

For those interested, I just posted instructions for my new Intermodal Spine Car at: (URL) will be taking photos soon and will post them at this same site. Too much to do before BricksWest! (Hope to see you there!) The wheelsets are fixed, and it (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New Rail Racer prototype

I was playing with a new Rail Racer design this evening based on one of Sven Moritz Hein's creative designs: (URL) came up with this: (URL) actually works pretty well even though it's a big heavy, I'll have to run it a bit this weekend and see how (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thanks, and a question (Used to be: How did James Mathis make his tilting trains?)

(...) I sincerely regre the 13 year old restriction, but unfortunately it is required by U.S. Law. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) prohibits the collection of personally identifying information (such as email addresses) from (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Otherdam Junction. A modern Dutch railway station

(...) I'm almost speechless. The original is great, almost begging to be "LEGOed". You did it wonderfully. Amazingly harmonious display of the several elements, nothing looks cramped in the space of the diorama. I like the Znap use, combined with (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Surprise, new train set

(...) I called S@H this morning on another matter - the set is in their database and priced at $39.95 (no motor), but not yet available to be shipped. That could change any day - the rep had a pre-release copy of the Spring catalog and was looking (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  NGLTC will be presenting at the Atlanta Greenberg Toy & Train show Feb 16-17,2002

The North Georgia LEGO Train club (NGLTC) will be presenting at the Greenberg Toy & Train show this coming weekend (February 16th & 17th) in Norcross, Georgia. The layout will include a LEGO town with local landmarks and icons, kids play area, lots (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl)

  Re: MOC: Otherdam Junction. (blank page)

I also only see a blank, dataless page when I click on the link. (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Eurostar v1 MOC

A first go at modeling the Eurostar train set. This first version is primarily a nose-only study. Here's a link to photos of the real-life train: (URL) a v1 Eurostar MOC: (URL) Mathis (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Otherdam Junction. A modern Dutch railway station

(...) Sorry to tell, but all I see (with netscape 4.7) is a blank page: only white. (Is there a trick to disable flash or anything else you might have used?) Is it on your known page too? (URL) hat trouble with access to that so far). Kind Regards, (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Otherdam Junction. A modern Dutch railway station

(...) Great presentation; I really enjoyed how the navigation and zoom-in buttons get the whole model in perspective and layout. Beautiful integration of several different LEGO(R) varieties. Love the blue tubes. What a teasing picture of the front (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC: Otherdam Junction. A modern Dutch railway station

Otherdam Junction represents a Dutch railway station from the 1980's. It is inspired by Amsterdam Sloterdijk, an unusual multilevel railway station with tracks crossing from two perpendicular directions. Take a visual tour around this remarkable (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  PNLTC to show at Portland, OR GATS February 16-17

Now for something completely different... PNLTC is breaking somewhat from our usual train layout for this year's Portland Great American Train Show. Come and see our Train Races, Stacking Trains, massive track configurations, and the debut of my (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact