 Trains / 14941
14940  |  14942
Subject:
msltc website update and MOC lift bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 05:39:22 GMT

Thanks to Matthew and John for getting our website up to date
(http://www.msltc.org).  Matt's made some of the awesome buildings you can
view there.  I especially like his church with the stained glass windows,
removable roof, and chandelier.  I prefer to make structures other than
occupancies and dwellings.  I don't have the knack for making buildings
myself, but I did make a weeee little lift bridge.

You can see a few pictures of it here:

http://www.msltc.org/februarymeeting.htm
That's my ugly mug in the blue ballcap.

Two technic motors control the lift, and they are not interconnected with
gearing to ensure even lift.  The two actually work at ALMOST the same pace
when lifting and lowering.  They are fed from the same power supply.  I also
used 4 - 9 volt track connector wires to make sure the span of the bridge
would have uniterrupted power when connected to a layout.

Hope you like it.  Now, off to build that barge I've been dreaming about...

-Rob Hendrix
Midsouth Lego Train Club
http://www.msltc.org