 Trains / 14946
Re: New Intermodal Spine Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:57:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bob Hayes writes:

Jake,

The instructions for the spline car look great.  Where they rendered with
MEGA POV-Ray with edge detection?

The car design is good too - lots of details in a small package.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, I did use MegaPOV. I didn't have a chance to do the same thing for the
trailer yet.

I have to say that I am VERY impressed with the quality of the output from
using MegaPOV with edge detection. It takes some playing (and you HAVE to
render in a large scale and then resize), but once you get the settings
dialed in, the output is wonderful.

The problem I have with doing instructions has always been that MLCAD/LDlite
output is standard quality. But if you try to use POV-Ray, the lines between
parts are very very hard to pick up on, especially in a print out. MegaPOV
not only outputs terrific on screen images, but outputs a format that prints
out clear as a bell.

Thanks again!
Jake

---