 Trains / 14947
Re: New Intermodal Spine Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:21:25 GMT

Jake McKee wrote:

For those interested, I just posted instructions for my new Intermodal Spine
Car at:

http://www.bricksonthebrain.com

I will be taking photos soon and will post them at this same site. Too much
to do before BricksWest! (Hope to see you there!)

The wheelsets are fixed, and it does go through s-curves and full circles.
Although you can hear it click through the switches, it makes it through
just fine as well.

The true challenge of this project was to try to get the design to look
right. Because the prototype design is very low to the ground, and using
LEGO wheelsets that turn don't tend to go together, I opted to make the
wheelsets static. Since the car is in scale with a typical official LEGO
trailer design, it actually worked out pretty good.

Anyway, please let me know what you think. This has been quite a fun, but
challenging project! I would love to hear if you have a good time building
it, or if you can offer any suggestions on the design.

It is a very handsome and realistic-looking model, Jake!  Now you need to build
about 10 more;-)  I look forward to seeing it and you at BricksWest!

-John

Jake

---
Jake McKee