 Trains / 14838 (-20)
  MOC: only a boring closed goods waggon in 7-w and SNOT

Dear all, I have uploaded my fourth 7-wide waggon at brickshelf and think it has a quite clever design to use brown palisade bricks in a way that they add horizontal plank structures. You may find it here: (URL) I think on a day like today you can (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Point Motor Instructions

(...) I built Jeff's motor design, and I can answer these questions now... This design is really much better than most I've seen, as it passes many benchmarks for low number of pieces, predictable motion, solid switching, and remains integral after (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  a town under construction (and soon deconstruction)

Hi everyone, Here are some pics of my current town layout: (URL) have been working on this project for a couple of months now in preperation for the Town Building Contest, but I've recently realized that I am over-extending myself(1) and need to cut (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.people)

  ISCC: There are 157 entries with 1470 pictures - vote now!

Hello @ all! Do you remember? There was (there IS) the ISCC ;-) Over two thirds of the entries came short before New Years Day (deadline was Dec-31), so it took time until now to place all 157 entries. But now it's done and I wouldn't know what to (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space) !!

  Re: Call for steam engines

What a great response! Thanks everyone. These are all really cool MOCs. Update: I'm working on the class notes and presentation now. As I get to sections where these fit I'll add them. Thanks all. SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Town group home page

Kevin Wilson wrote in message ... (...) (URL) added MORE links to this page. It would sure be nice to get some feedback! But maybe all the Townies only read via newsreader so no-one ever sees the Town home page :-( Kevin ---...--- TOWN Lego Building (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Have you seen this?

Hi, We all complain abouth the released train models from LEGO, but have you seen this? (URL) seems to be that they have nice trains models, but if you read the whole interview, you'll find out why they release this futuristic stuff. Knowing a bit (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH and a material handling car (MOC's)

(...) Yes, they sure are the bottom half of a 4 x 4 black turntable with the top pried off with a screwdriver - and yes - the parts were anesthetized at the time :) I'm afraid I can't take credit for coming up with this idea - I saw it in a photo of (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Call for steam engines

It ain't big, but it's mine (and I think it's beautiful) The virtual pic: (URL) stock page: (URL) more pics of my steam engine... (URL) have to scroll down to see the pics of my little steam engine) There you are Dave (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Station to Station: Interesting train book

Hey folks, For those of you into trains, Phaidon Press has an excellent book called "Station to Station" by Steven Parissien (1997, softcover reprint is 2001). It's basically an architectural history of train stations, from the 1800's all the way (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Station to Station: Interesting train book

Hey folks, For those of you into trains, Phaidon Press has an excellent book called "Station to Station" by Steven Parissien (1997, softcover reprint is 2001). It's basically an architectural history of train stations, from the 1800's all the way (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Call for steam engines

Steve, you're welcome to use my Atlantic as well. It's one of the first (if not the first) steam engines to be used in actual daily railroad operations. Some 20 were built in the 1830s, and many ran until the 1890s(!). As you may remember, the other (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH and a material handling car (MOC's)

Yeah I was wondering that too...what is it? It makes a great cooling fan whatever it is. jt (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH and a material handling car (MOC's)

(...) Might those be the bottom half of a 4 x 4 turntable ? Ray (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH and a material handling car (MOC's)

Hello Bob, I really like your F40PH! What part(s) did you use to create the cooling fans on top? Robert Powell (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  F40PH and a material handling car (MOC's)

Here's an F40PH type engine I built to go with the Metroliner: (URL) here's a material handling car (MHC) to put behind the engine: (URL) boring looking, but the real car is kind of boring! Amtrak sure is hurting for money (what is it up to, a $1 (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GFLTC & NGLTC Jacksonville GATS pictures

Great pictures. Can someone explain how to do the SNOT windows as seen here - (URL) J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:Gr1H8n.q9@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Call for steam engines

(...) Hi Steve, I know I mentioned these in a private e-mail, but I figured it was worth offerring again: BR18: (2 URLs) I'll get a chance to take some new pics of the BR52 in the not-so-distant future. I redid the piston mechanism, and it works (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Call for steam engines

(...) Dear Steve, I have translated and forwarded your request to www.1000steine.de. I hope under this link, there will appear now lots of train models + links as you have asked for. (URL) ignore the German text and look to the "answers" below each (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  GFLTC & NGLTC Jacksonville GATS pictures

Something went wrong with the orginal folder, so I had to make a new one. All the pictures: (URL) also added many more pictures from the show this weekend. Some of the highlights are: Robin's tower and airport: (URL) strip mall (URL) engines all (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact