 Trains / 14836
14835  |  14837
Subject:
a town under construction (and soon deconstruction)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 00:43:11 GMT

Hi everyone,
  Here are some pics of my current town layout:

I have been working on this project for a couple of months now in
preperation for the Town Building Contest, but I've recently realized
that I am over-extending myself(1) and need to cut down some things.  So
I decided pack up my LEGO for a while and concentrate on the 'real'
things in my life.  Please don't take this as one of those 'I'm
quitting' posts.  I'll still hang out on LUGNET and probably buy some
sets here and there, but I've mainly decided to cut my involvement down
to as low as possible.  These means the train idea book is on hold for a
while. If you still want to submit things please email them to me at the
above address.

Feel free to take any ideas from any of these creations and use them in
your own.  If you have any questions or want better pictures just ask.
I'll be packing away most of these models over the next week or two.

thanx for all the great ideas and consversations over the past years.
hope be a regular again in 9 months or so.

yrs,
-chris

FUT --> .town  please set other followups as appropiate.

1- trying to write a review article on the conservation biology aspects
of phenotypic plasticity, finish up a greenhouse experiment, begin to
write a thesis, track down an undergraduate who has some needed data for
another paper i'm writing, work on hosting the 2002 midwest ecology and
evolution conference, my classes, preparing for the field season.
traveling this summer, buying a house in another city and getting ready
to move in seven months is all to taxing... remember to enjoy life :)