 Trains / 12135
  Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

On page 41 in the new S@H catalog the 9V Train Motor (5300) is noted with a "Limited Quantities, Order Now" note. Usually this means that something has gone out of production. Any speculation as to why this would be discontinued? Mike -- Mike Walsh (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

Recent many people talked about new catalog, where can I find the pictures scanned in web? Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

(...) The only thing I can think of is- a DCC control system? Wishful thinking maybe...-Harvey (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

(...) That would be a nice loss-maker for TLC, wouldn't it? Just as LD gets more people interested in trains, TLC doubles the prices of motors and controllers. Or perhaps they're bringing out a new track and motor system compatible with the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

(...) That is an interesting guess, Harvey. I really don't know why they would discontinue the motor, they just put out My Own Train, and are dependant on the motor for marketibilty. What a unique concept though with the my own train. You get a (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

(...) I also noticed that in the train cover one, page 39 has the motor, then page 41 also has it, but only the one on pg41 has the limited quanities. Anyone notice the 4 options for building the Dinos? Oh, and I have one complaint, I live in (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

(...) It must have joined the UP, in Canada or Wisconsin, or whereever people think the UP goes.... Steve (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

(...) Maybe Lala land? (or NO-PRINT land). Josh (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

Just phone their 1-888 number (if you live in North America) and order the catalogue...they'll send it too right away!! Benjamin Medinets (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

(...) Perhaps they thought "oh, it's just too hard to work out shipping times when some idiot decided to split the state in half", or something 8?) Maybe they haven't worked out you've got a pretty neat bridge joining the two halves now 8?) ROSCO (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

(...) If you look.. you can also see that Indiana is missing too. (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

(...) Oh-no, Rhode Island's missing, and NC & SC are now "Carolinia" Josh (I better stop looking...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

(...) <yooper> Eh, dey go to da bar, yah? Or dey go huntin. Or go to da bar get good an dronk an den go huntin. Oh yah! Dat dere's a tirty- pointer...an he's pink! *hic* </yooper> (Sorry for trotting out the stereotype, but I *am* just another (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@aol.com> wrote in message news:GG1rwy.Iou@lugnet.com... (...) But surely the point is that the My Own Train DIDNT come with a motor. So, yes it is dependent on a motor, but NOT the current 9v one. Lego could now (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

(...) it may not even be DCC, maybe its a little smaller, or more economical... or even designed to allow DCC to be added to it. I'm beting on a smaller one, that'll allow you to make a dummy truck for the oppisite end that looks the same. Josh (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

(...) you got a point there Lawrence... the My own train didn't have any motor...however DCC probably will only please the real Train Hobbiest....most of the "new" train enthusiasts that have (or will have) started collecting trains probably won't (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

I've seen the decoders for $45 by themselves...even with (...) The cheapest on the Digitrax site are $25 USD a pop. I would imagine that they cost $12 or less a piece. Most of what is contained on a decoder can be embedded on a single chip (a la (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

(...) I'm gonna go ahead and rule DCC out of this one. After all, TLC markets to kids and DCC would be too much of a challenge to them. I'm assuming that there was a printing error in the S@H catalog, I think we'll be seeing the 9V motor for quite a (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation

(...) I'm going for the Atlas HO Dual Mode Decoder on my HO Layout, it costs like $50, but i hear it works better then all of the rest. Josh (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)