 Trains / 12169
Re: Yet Another S@H Catalog Observation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 13:31:10 GMT

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@aol.com> wrote in message news:GG1rwy.Iou@lugnet.com...

I really don't know why they would discontinue the motor, they just put out
My Own Train, and are dependant on the motor for marketibilty.
What a unique concept though with the my own train.  You get a reasonably
priced train engine.....with your choice of upgrades to light and motor.
(this is for those who dragged their feet historically because the cost of
getting into train was soo high....now they have no excuse!!!!!!)
and then they added rolling stock so those (of US!!!!) with an ample collection
can add more stock!!!! YES!!!! more...more....give us more!!! :)

But surely the point is that the My Own Train DIDNT come with a motor.
So, yes it is dependent on a motor, but NOT the current 9v one.
Lego could now release a new DCC motor, and not have to change My Own Train.

regards
lawrence