 Trains / 12129
Re: Updated Train/Monorail Transit Terminal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:29:04 GMT

Yeah - I suspect that the fill lighting would help out.  I sometimes turn on
my regular light which actually helps balance things out, but a real fill
light would work better.  I'm too lazy to borrow my dad's good fill light
though.

Harvey Henkelman <HarveyHenkelman@webtv.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Brad Hamilton writes:
Harvey Henkelman <HarveyHenkelman@webtv.net> wrote in message
So awesome, that building is. It's power of presence is immense, and • the
use
of red as the main color is appropriate for a large city train
terminal. -Harvey

Thanks for the compliments.  Unfortunately, red is a difficult color to
photograph, especially when there is very little trim of another color. • It
seems that pieces bleed into each other.  I end up getting a somewhat
pinkish, grainy look if I'm not careful.  The original pictures I took of
the smaller version of this building really suffered from these effects.
However, I've learned a bit since then and these pictures don't have so • many
problems.
I wholly agree with you, my V188 diesel loco is red with a gray roof, but • it
is difficult to photograph detail in red bricks. Right now I'm • experimenting
with fill lighting to achieve the desired results. -Harvey