 Trains / 12130
Re: Language for the 6-wide vs. 8-wide battle/debate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:52:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
This may be my most stupid post ever, but starting now I will write 6 and 8
wide as 6W and 8W respectively, anyone agree with this one?-Harvey

I agree that you said that. But since I don't see this as a battle or debate
(or even a dichotomy if I can borrow from Dave vs. Dave over on .debate) I
am not sure that introducing new terminology is *necessary* except maybe as
a way to have more fun or something.

In fact, I was running an 8 wide on my basement floor last nite. You've all
seen pictures of it too.

Does this
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RoscoHead/trains/4561alt/001front1.jpg
count as 8W???? 8?)