 Trains / 11308
11307  |  11309
Subject:
Custom loco MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 00:54:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

All,

After many hours and several versions, I have just posted the final
prototype (read: still in the works) of a locomotive MOC on brickshelf:

It is still in design phase (thus the flat gray color scheme, and wrong
color windows), so go easy on me! I would love to get some feedback on the
design. I have only recently started building trains, although I have been
interested for a long time. For this model, I borrowed some of the coolest
design elements from many real life locos, so it isn't a direct model of any
one real world loco.

A couple of interesting notes:

- As this loco goes down the track the ducts on the top actually spin. (You
can see the gearing in some of the shots)

- I actually pulled off several uses of the "half stud" concept, as well as
changes in stud direction (Thanks James Mathis!)

- The bottom of the front and back ends misses the power connector to the
track by millimeters!

- The ends swing out really far over the track in curves, so I have to add a
coupler extender if I want to connect cars.

Let me know what you think! Once I do a couple more tweaks, I am going to
rebuild it in color.

Thanks!
Jake

---