 Trains / 10714
Re: Pics: JAC Bethgon Coalporter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:17:25 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Although I built this MOC last year, I never got around to posting pics
of it.  It is a model of a Johnstown America Corporation's Bethgon
Coalporter, a rotary dump hopper.

If it was in 6 wide, it'd be a great model :)

6 wide, 8 wide, who cares. It's a great model, period (I've seen it in the
flesh, John brought it to the train summit).

I think we should let the whole 6-8 thing drop. It's just as bad to rag on
someone for making 8 as it is to rag on someone for making 6. Models are
what they are. People shouldn't feel pressure to conform unless they want to.

++Lar

It sure is purdy! I'll have to add this to my list of thing that I should
probably try to copy.
The ribs are offset by 1/2 stud?
Did you go 9 so you could get that centerline support beam in the right place?

Chris

P.S. I don't think I'll ever get sick of John thumping 8-wide, or someone
thumping John for going 8-wide. It's like a old bad running joke. I guess I just
like bad old jokes. Every hear the one about the "ether bunny"? I don't, but I
remember it was really old, really bad, and it always made me laugh.
--
See some of my LEGO creations at http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/