 Trains / 10696
Re: Pics: JAC Bethgon Coalporter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 00:20:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Although I built this MOC last year, I never got around to posting pics
of it.  It is a model of a Johnstown America Corporation's Bethgon
Coalporter, a rotary dump hopper.

If it was in 6 wide, it'd be a great model :)

6 wide, 8 wide, who cares. It's a great model, period (I've seen it in the
flesh, John brought it to the train summit).

Thanks, Lar.  (Actually, to answer JP, this model would be impossible 6 wide
because of the width of the half cylinders).

Actully you probly could eliminate the ribs, make it 6 wide, and use the 2x4
curved brick thingys with the 1x4 plate... then you'd have a simple to make
coal car (add the ribs for some detail).

I think we should let the whole 6-8 thing drop.

Amen to that-- except that my Coalporter is......9 WIDE! {:^D   (count'em;-)

-John

It's just as bad to rag on
someone for making 8 as it is to rag on someone for making 6. Models are
what they are. People shouldn't feel pressure to conform unless they want to.

++Lar

Personaly i don't really care, as long as it stays on the rails.  I'd like
to go to 8 wide, but the narrowness of the track space in my town will only
allow 6.  Although I'm playing on making an 8 wide showcar (maybe a few:
boxcar, graincar...) for my lego railroad, to bring to shows, that require
it to be 8.

Josh
(anyone ever thought of making a woodchip car?  It's simple... ;))