 Trains / *9939 (-10)
  Lightweight show tables

I don't know about other groups but the biggest pain for me with our club is the loading/unloading of the heavy tables. Recently there has been some talk on my local NMRA discussion group about lightweight foam top tables (Styrofoam --EXTRUDED foam (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  MOCs: Steam Locomotive

Hey all, I just finished uploading some new and modified train creations of mine. 1) I finally got the parts I need to make my GG-1 electric engine completely red. I also made some modifications that some people suggested. (URL) some new spare parts (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian Trains from California?

(...) vote on which is the better VIA train (since JamesP is sending his also.) The only two VIA LEGO trains I've ever seen anywhere - BOTH at Canada's largest model train show. This is getting exciting. I just hope the weather is as nice in three (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Canadian Trains in Berkeley? Mooo!

(Sorry, SF Bay Area folks, or BA ex-patriots will get the reference. It's from an old milk commercial. ;-) So, my vacation last year (OCT 2000) took me through a bunch of Canada, riding the VIA train #001 "The Canadian", but I also took a bunch of (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Has anyone motorized the monorail station tracks?

"Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:G7sn2K.Aun@lugnet.com... (...) I *did* try doing this about a month ago... I mounted a 2x2 cylindrical brick with axle hole on top of the direction-changing element/track piece. Then, I (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorize switch point

(...) The reflector lets you "beam" light directly at the sensor, I'm not sure how well it will work without it. You can get one in the (URL) 3801 Ultimate Accessory Set They also are in the Studio Movie sets... Time Twisters etc... I've got a few (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MoC: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

"Adrian Egli" <aegli@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:G7sLr2.7Ky@lugnet.com... (...) First off - Adrian, cool stuff! I saw it on Brickshelf before you posted. Kidvention II - I've heard nothing about it so far, but someone at Shows & Events is (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Limacion track design is BUILT!

That's really nice. I've made attempts at train bridges before, but never been very successful. Out of curiosity, did you copy a real bridge design, or did you design it yourself? I'm especially interested in the double-spiral on the one side of the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Track Back in Stock!

They had tons of track at the LEGO Imagination center at Disneyland. (URL) Carnell <carnellm@palmettobug.com> wrote in message news:9032C9B52carnel....63.236... (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Has anyone motorized the monorail station tracks?

Hi, I just aquired some monorail parts and I'm wondering about remotely controlling the station points. It seems like you could mount a micro-motor to the station point to get it to remotely turn. It seems like an even cooler idea would be to pair (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact