 Trains / *9439 (-20)
  Re: The Royal Train Website

(...) It's also the reason we trainheads say "all themes are just spare parts for Trains" :-). In particular: (URL) which uses a LOT of castle. (in its proper place, fancy bridge parts) I think this is my favorite shot of the whole gallery, there is (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

Chris, Thanks for pulling this old message. To clarify my ground rules... 1. No painting. A lot of the value in a Lego element is compromised if it can't be reused as originally intended. Custom stickers and tape, however, are fair game as they can (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography)

  The Royal Train - Controls

James, Thanks! This may take a while but I'll get some close-ups of the controls and mechanisms the next time I do a shoot. Everything is 9v with 4.5 wiring (boy did I get a deal when Dacta cleared-out 4.5v stuff) Turnouts are controlled by (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Bullet Train

(...) Why, it's a fest held in a house of Bliss. Here's a pic, (and apologies if I forget some people's names): (URL) row L to R: Alan Demlow, Steve Demlow, <mumble> (their cousin whose name escapes me), Chris Leach Middle row L to R: Tim Courtney, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

(...) A while ago, didn't Brian say that the details are stickers? I seem to remember him talking about buying stickers and cutting them with an exacto knife. I found the article (I searched my lugnet.trains archive), so I'll add it below. Chris The (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: NQT - Not Quite Talgo

(...) Iain, I was looking at your pictures, and a thought occurred to me. Have you tried lowering the cars? Right now your cars sit on top of the wheelsets, and you have rounded off the bottoms of your car with inverted slopes. It might look cool if (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NQT - Not Quite Talgo

(...) Interesting. A little short, of course. But a totally different direction on how to use 4561 pieces than I took. :-) ++Lar (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

(...) The usual accolades and then some... I hope you enter Kathyrn in the Train competition, it will be amusing to see the disclaimer on your entry: "No 4561 pieces were used in the making of this entry"... Also the usual calls for more detail, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

I have to agree with Todd, I was totally blown away when I saw those pictures! I actually had to wait till I was more awake and look at them again before I would believe what I saw. Just the layout display case alone is fantastic, but the art work (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: New S@H Catalog

If they want ideas, I think they should look at Brian Williams site!!! and look at (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

(...) Brian, this is the most incredible thing I've ever seen! I can't imagine the amount of work that must have gone into hand-painting all those pieces and setting up and photographing the displays. It's totally beautiful. My jaw dropped on almost (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography)

  The Royal Train Website

Happy New Year! I've finally completed a new website showcasing my Lego train layout in the NW suburbs of Chicago (ocassionally refered to as GMLTC south). You can check it out at "www.royal-train.com". There was a lot of interest when I managed to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau

(...) Kyle, the columns you are talking about are mainly found in Belville sets. There is a dark brown column in 5804, blue column in 5825, dark pink in 5805, plus a number of white columns in the large palace 5808. Earlier Belville had them in (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: My Latest MOC-- a Chateau

(...) John, are you talking about the columns embedded in the wall? That's what the ones in the set you referenced looked like. I actually meant the round pillars in the middle of the front wall (either side of the main entrance(?) and balcony). (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New S@H Catalog

kai brodersen <cbrodersen@mediaone.net> wrote in message news:G6GooI.C4t@lugnet.com... (...) yet.. I think it just comes in the latest (January) Shop At Home catalog. If you aren't subscribed to their Shop At Home mailing list, call (800)453-4677 (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New S@H Catalog

Do you have to have a subscription to the lego club to get this, i havent yet.. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New S@H Catalog

Christopher Masi wrote: <snip> (...) The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the ad for this contest was that it was a good way for LEGO to judge the interest in making a new train line like the one that has been discussed here and on (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New S@H Catalog

(...) Ummm...I believe the term "you" refers to the thief who submitted someone else's work as their own. As in: If YOU steal my work and I sue Lego it is perfectly reasonable for Lego to in turn expect YOU (the thief) to reimburse them for any (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bullet Train

Ok Larry I have to ask, what is a "Blissfest"? jt -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G6F05p.MnH@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NQT - Not Quite Talgo

"Rebel Transcanner" <hendryjr@oxford.net> wrote in message news:G6G3v5.3JK@lugnet.com... (...) I just wanted to post that I have added two more segments, and the NQT-a now contains a bistro, cafe, internet terminal, with seating for a total of 14. (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact