 Trains / 8979
Re: NQT - Not Quite Talgo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 17:23:42 GMT

Rebel Transcanner wrote:

"Rebel Transcanner" <hendryjr@oxford.net> wrote in message
news:G6G3v5.3JK@lugnet.com...

http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/temp/nqt/

I've uploaded twelve pictures of a new little project I tried out this
morning. This is using most of the parts from the 4561's car carrier (the
coach went into the Club Car). I really like how this turned out! I would
like to expand this to five cars, instead of the three.

I just wanted to post that I have added two more segments, and the NQT-a now
contains a bistro, cafe, internet terminal, with seating for a total of 14.

http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/temp/nqt-a/

    Iain

Iain,

  I was looking at your pictures, and a thought occurred to me. Have you tried
lowering the cars? Right now your cars sit on top of the wheelsets, and you have
rounded off the bottoms of your car with inverted slopes. It might look cool if
the bottom of the car was closer to the track, and if the wheels were surrounded
by the car.

Just a thought,
Chris

P.S. The action shots are neat.