 Trains / *917 (-10)
  Re: new stuff on my site (coach, trolley...again, LEGO Logo art)

(...) There are two major types of power pickups that work on overhead wire. See my site, in the glossary section. A trolley is a kind of train... but anyway, any sprung single pole is a trolley pole, no matter what sort of train it's on. The LEGO (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new stuff on my site (coach, trolley...again, LEGO Logo art)

Thanks Larry. You told me what the bubble thing was; so, I figured you would eventually go to my site and you would eventually tell me what the power thingies are. I figured you would get a laugh if I asked by name. I like the (wait for it) part of (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new stuff on my site (coach, trolley...again, LEGO Logo art)

(...) Since it seems I was paged... The power thingies are called... (wait for it) Trolley Poles! There is some circularity here which I can't resolve. I don't know if trolley poles are called that because they have a little wheel at the top (the (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

Christopher Masi wrote in message <36F6B0BC.62F3D5E@cm...ne.edu>... (...) the (...) up (...) The only place I have ever seen differentials mentioned was in relation to geared locomotives like Shays, Climaxes, and Heislers. I think it was Shay who (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  new stuff on my site (coach, trolley...again, LEGO Logo art)

While we have been talking about grandiose highly technical designs I made couple of simple little models. The new model is a simple coach which resembles the little coaches LEGO produced in the '80's. The other thing I finally decides to do was put (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) the (...) encouter (...) ends (...) Exactly; rather than the wheelset turning the cars, the first car to enter a curve (or leave it) turns against the "stationary" second car, while the wheelset turns "half as fast", or to half the angle, (...) (26 years ago, 23-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) That is in fact the reason that they are separate. If they are on a common axle, the outer wheel tends to want to climb up and rub the flange against the inner side of the rail (remember, train wheels have a tapered profile, the diameter on (...) (26 years ago, 23-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

Larry Pieniazek wrote: snip stuff about footnoting (...) Right the wheels are not on the same axel. At first I thought this was so the wheels could travel at different speeds, but differentials are not brought up elsewhere in trains (are they) so I (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More GMLTC pics

Thanks for posting these great pictures. The Main Street was magnificient. (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) How about: on each bogie but the first/last, have 2 vertical axles, one for each car; each with a 24t gear (the 2 of which are meshing). Mount the 2 cars using that bogie (or their pendulum bases, rather) on these 2 axles, and the bogie will (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact