 Trains / *8969 (-20)
  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

At this point I don't have the sensor hooked to an RCX due to the fact that Santa hasn't brought me one yet (hint hint Santa). I currently have the sensor hooked into a Crestron Control system ((URL) The sensor is hooked to a digital I/O port that (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) Well I can think of a couple reasons why we went with 4 wide tables (40.25"x40.25"). 1. It was more economical. If we were to do 3bp x 6bp you only get one table out of a 4'x8' sheet. This way you get 2 tables per sheet. 2. We liked the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  michigan lego train club to participate in GATS Jan 13-14

Hello fellow AFOLs and train guys, The michigan lego train club is to participate in the upcoming GATS train show January 13-14. We hope to have a layout of atleast 16x23'. We will have pictures as soon as we finish the show. THIS IS OUR FIRST (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Bulk train windows & doors

(...) Thanks for the message. Interesting and at a verry affordable price. Now hoping for the (2875 sloped brick 45 2x6x2/3)kind of train roof pieces, and the fun of building our own cars can begin . regards, Ludo (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) used. I was nice to see some validation of using 4 baseplate wide tables. My table will be the same except my individual modules will be 2x4 baseplates square instead of 4x8. I'm hoping to transport the modules with the Lego on them, and I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: Are 9V trains alive?

(...) I hope youre right. I would like to see more kind of points, and a return to the first 9v train models (and some 12V models where great too !). I hate those new models (4560/4561 & 4559). I bought some for the pieces but i don't build them. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

James, Are they directly wired to the RCX or is there a resister in series. BTW where is the web page on the electrical specs of the RCX and home brew sensors? I can't remember. SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

Chris, Another great little sensor for train detection, via Radio Shack, is the little photo sensors they sell. I put them inside of a 2x4 technic plate and then snap them face up on the track. This way they use the omni light from the room as the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  reed switch w/2^n series resister

Chris If I understand correctly you can add a series resister to each reed switch using the formula r=2^n*R. Where n is the number of each switch (1,2,3...) and R is some resistence value that is friendly to the RCX. This way you can add several (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) This is a great idea. I will talk to Chris about it and we can try and document it with pictures on the NELUG site. Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) I know I didn't get a close up because my camera stinks for close ups. I think Chris may have gotten some but he hasn't uploaded his pic's just yet. If we don't have one now, we are having a meeting in a couple weeks and we will make sure to (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) 1) take a section of straight track. 2) take a light gray 2x4 plate and place it so that it spans the 2-stud gap between two of the ties. 3) imagine a very thin silver piece lying on that. That's it. Most of the people I talked to about it (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

Wonderful info! If I could be so bold... On the PNLTC web site we have articles that discuss various building and other techniques. This reed switch discussion and design review would make a great article (with some pics & schematics) for NELUG! (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) Is there a photo that clearly shows the sensor in a fairly tight closeup so that it can be judged how obtrusive/invisible it is? I skimmed through many of the photos posted by you, Dave, and Tim but did not see one, although I may have missed (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

(...) I might just add that while this was a bit over my head it work extremely well and the sensor itself was very small and unobtrusive. It was a non-LEGO solution but I loved it and recommend it. I think with some reworking it may even be (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  "No Contact" Homebrew Train Sensor for Mindstorms

As has already been reported by others, I built an automated railroad crossing for the NELUG train display at last weekend's Greenberg show. I wanted to take a moment to describe the "homebrew" sensor that I used to detect an approaching train so (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.

(...) We kept some trains on tails of track, mostly running two at a time. But there was a short train we occasionally ran on the outside loop with the commuter rail... when it was parked, there was an engineer climbing into the locomotive. When it (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Bulk train windows & doors

Don't know if anyone has already posted something about this but noticed just now that these are now available through shop.lego.com. I only check the online shop for my own country, so who knows they might have been available in other countries for (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Is there still a 2585 set in LOCO software?

"Jim Bonczyk" <jbonczyk@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3a2c5825.413650...net.com... (...) They had a very limited supply. A single call in order depleted their stock entirely. Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is there still a 2585 set in LOCO software?

(...) When I was vacationing at Walt Disney World in Florida last October, the Lego Imagination store in Downtown Disney was selling this small set separately. 'jim (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact