 Trains / *8719 (-20)
  Re: YATTTE - Yet Another Thomas the Tank Engine

(...) We ran one at the last show we attended. Poor thing was kept running all day. A member created the face out of 'femo'. Dean I'm still grabbing stills from my footage. Hope to have it done soon. -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Images from NGTLC layout at Atlanta GATS

(...) Michael I would really like to see the video but... the file is unreadable. Did you make this with a Real video player or Real player? If so i dont see the need to pay 29.95 just to see your video! thanks kai (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: YATTTE - Yet Another Thomas the Tank Engine

(...) Hey James, would you happen to know of a good link to a pic of one so that we could see how he *ought* to look? -John (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YATTTE - Yet Another Thomas the Tank Engine

(...) Even we 8 wide aficionados build Thomas characters 6 wide; they are toys, and need to look smallish. Good idea, though, Lar. I'll have to post some pics of my Thomas with the 12 volt motor in it. -John (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Gondola and a Commuter Rail station

(...) Thanks, I doubted they were spray-painted. Forgot to mention: liked the station, a little tall, though. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Images from NGTLC layout at Atlanta GATS

(...) The video train uses the x10 ((URL) Xcam2 camera. The camera and battery pack were sloppily thrown onto a train car..Hopefully, after dissecting the camera, I will find a better way to build it into a train. I would like for it to be pretty (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Gondola and a Commuter Rail station

(...) These came for Droid Fighters that I picked up at TRU for $3 a pop. They are quite the deal at that price and have several cool parts includeing 2 1x4 brown tiles in each. Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

Kevin McMillin wrote in message ... (...) IIRC, they come in the Droid Fighter set. Kevin W (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Gondola and a Commuter Rail station

(...) Cool; I've got a question. Where did you get the 54 1x4 Tiles? The only brown tiles I own are from the 5986 Amazon Ancient Ruins, and they're 1x2. Were they spray-painted? Did you get them from the Adventurers? (I've only got 4 Dino-Island (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message news:3A177186.AC2409...est.net... (...) look, (...) Geez, did everyone watch Twister last night? :) Here's what I did while watching: (URL) pictures) It's the start of a modified HUSS Shot-N-Drop (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G49wrE.2wD@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) It is kind of tall and it does indeed use some rare parts. The red buffer plate and the yellow 1x1 and 1x2 windows are not (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YATTTE - Yet Another Thomas the Tank Engine

(...) Nice. Kinda tall, though, and definitely has some rare parts in it! Maybe we (1) ought to work up a canonical Thomas design that can be whipped out quickly, doesn't take any rare parts, and looks fairly good (unless you're an 8 wide (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YATTTE - Yet Another Thomas the Tank Engine

(...) It's not. The most "accurate" would be from the first book. Thomas is based on a LBSC E2 tank, but the artist who orginally did the paintings was NOT a railway artist. Therefore, as long as it has 6 wheels, and is blue, it is reasonable. As (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cab-forward Southern Pacific...

(...) I have always thought that the red front of the Load and Haul would make a perfect cab-forward front, if only it came in black (and 8wide:) It is a large engine to tackle, but I guess that you're used to that;-) [1] -John [1] Stacy, the Big (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: YATTTE - Yet Another Thomas the Tank Engine

Nice work, Mike- I too watched Twister tonite but did no work:-( I see you have decided to use the 4.5 volt red plate with buffers on which to base your Thomas. I did the same on mine, and I think it's a mixed blessing. It ends up compressing him (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  YATTTE - Yet Another Thomas the Tank Engine

I know numerous people have built Thomas so far but a comment Larry made a few weeks made a lot of sense (every club should have a Thomas). So with that thought in conjunction with the fact that we are headed to my parents house for Thanksgiving (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDraw/POV-Ray model of Commuter Train

Hey Iain- That's cool! If one doesn't have a lot of bricks with which to build (or certain bricks), then I think that this is a great way to build. Thanks for sharing! -John (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Cab-forward Southern Pacific...

Need a little brainstorming please.... I have started builting a cab-forward, and eventhough I have ideas of how to build the bowed cab for this locomotive, I am asking for some suggestions. I really would like to build the cab at 7-wide, but I have (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  LDraw/POV-Ray model of Commuter Train

Hello, I believe this is my first post in lugnet.trains. I'm mostly a technic-head, but I'm very interested in geting into trains. I recently started playing around with LDraw and POV-Ray, and I noticed a post a little while ago about someone (...) (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The perfect brick theory (was Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!)

(...) Ya, I built my little brown cable car out of the wings on the droid fighter. I was in the store and saw the parts and instantly KNEW what I wanted to build. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact