 Trains / *787 (-20)
  PNLTC web update

Hi All, There are new pictures on our web site www.PNLTC.org of the last GATS (Great American Train Show) we did in Portland, OR on Feb 20 -21. The show gallery is found on the Gallery page. There is about 100 pics. The Galery page layout is a bit (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrical Things (was: Railroad Dilemma)

(...) interested. (...) True, I used a voltmeter to generate the data on that page, but I didn't claim anywhere on my page or previous posts that that was what I used to prove it is not PWM. Proof is obtained by opening the controller, getting the (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrical Things (was: Railroad Dilemma)

(...) it on a scope. If we have a PWM voltage with a 50% duty cycle and 10 millisecond period An analog voltmeter will report the average voltage of 4.5, not 5 milliseconds DC 9V and 5 milliseconds DC 0V because it does not have the timescale (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Installing Track Designer

Since I released Track Designer 2.0 I've had a number of people email me saying that after they install it says it can't find the registry.tdl file. Why is this? I've never got to the bottom of it and despite requests no one has ever told me if (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrical Things (was: Railroad Dilemma)

(...) That is because there is a diode to protect from reverse voltage and the voltage drop is about 0.3V (...) The maximum current is about 0.7A MAXIMUM ( maximum voltage and whell not turning) with one controller (...) the internal resistance will (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrical Things (was: Railroad Dilemma)

(...) So would I, because it's not true! As I've said this many times, it's plain and simple variable DC voltage with 6 steps. Look at... (URL) (...) Also not true. The resistance of the motor is not enough to determine the current it will draw (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Original wagon designs

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36E3BEC5.743B03BE@v...er.net>... (...) Looking at the pictures, it appears that all three covers are slideable (sp) . There are handles on both end covers. George (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrical Things (was: Railroad Dilemma)

(...) If you have any URL's where people have reported on this, I'd be interested. (...) Yep - it was ohmmeter across unpowered moter. I did think about directly measuring the current with the motor running, but my multimeter has a maximum current (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Electrical Things (was: Railroad Dilemma)

(...) I'm not sure I agree that the voltage is variable. People have reported (via oscilloscope analysis) that it's pulse width modulated 9V instead. This will read on an analog meter like a low voltage, because it's taking the average across time. (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Railroad Dilemma

How have you got this working? I sat down and had a long think about it last night, and played checked out my points with a multimeter to see which circuits get broken when you move the points, and I can see that you need to cut the rail on both (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Electrical Things (was: Railroad Dilemma)

I finally got round to having a play with my controllers and my multimeter. PUTTING TWO CONTROLLERS ON THE SAME TRACK ---...--- Firstly, apologies to Ben, who suggested if you connect two controllers to the same track, then they'd short only if the (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Original wagon designs

(...) kind that are taken off with a crane. The challenge with these is that the covers get lost or mixed up. The covers usually have the RR company logo on them and tracking numbers as well. Occasionally, I have seen a gon with one cover on it (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Original wagon designs

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36E34B56.C04C4622@v...er.net>... (...) the (...) (URL)it's interesing that the grainer has a rotating cover. US practice is to (...) The top cover is for decoration only. It doesn't swivel and there isn't a opening (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide vehicles

(...) Got any good links to pictures of yard goats? I can't seem to find anything. I've been playing with vehicles with swing down rail wheels and it seems to me that some goats have rail wheels also. (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide vehicles

(...) I'm with Ben. I'd argue that the total width (of the major parts of the vehicle) is what matters. Look at this MOC: (URL) my slush list 5 page: (URL) windshield width mattters, this is a 4 wide truck. If every element matters, this is a 10 (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Original wagon designs

(...) These are all rather nice, thanks for sharing! How flattering to be mentioned in the same breath as Master Builder James Mathis. :-) (...) Do they leave the coils uncovered in the UK? In the US coil cars have covers to protect the coils from (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide vehicles

(...) That's a Joshua kind of question. I am no expert on parts or sets because I only got started again 1.3 years ago. (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Original wagon designs

Scott Edward Sanburn wrote in message <36E1C64A.22875A6C@a...ng.com>... (...) No plans to- it would be nice to do the wagons in the right colours, though. Huw (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide vehicles

No, I think it came out in the early 80's, if I am correct? Larry? Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6-wide vehicles

(...) This is a good looking vehicle. And Pause dates it at 1991, so was this the first appearance of the 6 stud wide windshield? Ben (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact