 Trains / *7399 (-10)
  Re: New models

(...) Hi Bryan, Thanks, the cupola is stacked on top of some 1x2 center stud plates. I added a picture to show how the cupola is attached. (URL) "Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) Man, a four wide cargo sprinter would look VERY strange. Everything you have said makes a lot of sense. Five wide containers would look nice on a six wide car, they are certainly possible, but they are not practical. I would also guess that (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wheel Car

(...) No, I certainly wasn't!!! :-) I'd go 6 wide flat with racks that were 7 wide to hold the rails one plate off the floor and staggered a half stud. I find that I am OK with things hanging over the edge a bit, many of my models are a bit wider (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) (to (...) Arguably if your SD is 8 wide, a Cargo Sprinter to the same "scale" (I know, I know, there is no scale) should be 6 wide because containers are narrower than standard rail cars. However a 4 wide Cargo Sprinter would look pretty (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Width (was Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter)

(...) One way to do this would be to build the bottom layer as 4 wide (actually, probably 2 or 3 plate heights). If one didn't mind having to slightly modify 4-wide containers to work on your car designed for 5-wide containers, and don't mind having (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

(...) Sort of. A funicular is normally moved by arranging the top car to be heavier than the bottom car, and changing that around :). This is usually done using water, filling a tank under the upper car with water, and emptying the lower car's (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

(...) I think it a funicular is pulled by cables rather than rack. But, I'm not for sure. Maybe "funicular" is a more general name for any type of steep rail car that is shaped like a parallelogram? By the way, thanks for pointing out the rack rail (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Width (was Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter)

(...) Good one :-) I agree the four wides look too small, but the six wides look too big. I suspect that on an eight wide car, the six wides would look right, but the photos I saw of some of the ambassador cars with six on six just didn't work IMO. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

(...) What is the difference between a funicular and rack rail car? I remember seeing this rack train a few months ago: (URL) the funicular dragged by cables instead of self-powered? -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

Thank you. Good photos. For the rail line, I am reminded through your photo that two rail cars need a siding by-pass section. Good to see a photo of the inside showing how the seats are arranged. later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact