 Trains / *7024 (-10)
  Re: New train MOCs

(...) Box cars have come in many lengths-- the quintessential box car from around the turn of the century was 40'. Many newer ones are 50'. Some box cars don't even look to scale next to others! So, prototypically speaking, just about any size (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOCs

I built a couple of boxcars based on your design and they seem long when compared to the Larry hopper. What is the average length of a real life boxcar in feet? (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOCs

I do not have spings, so I was trying to avoid a design that would need springs. Would you use the springs to hold the coupler in the locked or non-pivoting mode and when the train went around a curve the spring would allow the shaft to come out of (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MTW (Milton Train Works) Wishlist

Opps sorry, but now that I understand your question let me re-answer it. Freight Set. Hum... Depends of what the price is? I got to see the other customs you have on your page and they are great. But money is an issue. $500 would probably be my max (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOCs

(...) How about the spring blocks like in 4559 for the crossing gates? Would they work? James (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOCs

YES! I know this has been done in model railroading, so it should be possible in LEGO too. I look forward to a successful design, Chris. "Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message news:39886408.76E35D...ane.edu... (...) cars (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOCs

I have been wondering about the couplers. In the recent past at least two cars have been shown with couplers that have problems when being pushed. Maybe there is a way to design a coupler that is free to pivot when it is being pulled, but when it is (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOCs

"Paul Foster" <pfoster@execpc.com> wrote in message news:3981EC11.50DF17...cpc.com... (...) Yep. No problem with the switches or stands. The biggest problem is centering the couplers. They just swing left and right, so pushing is a problem. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Review of MTW-1001-bk Custom Hopper

Here is a review of the custom hopper that Larry Pieniazek has been selling. This review is patterned after the review that Bill S. wrote about a custom kit he bought, see (URL) the original review that was written by Bill. AVAILABLE AT: Go to (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains)

  Re: WHAT IF? Take a look!

(...) we (...) would (...) What would really be nice is if LEGO would update all their old sets to 9v standards.But otherwise I fully support you about the idea of a petition.I was too young(and unaware)that Lego even made the 4.5v and 12v line of (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact