 Trains / *6569 (-20)
  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) The ldraw.org site header logo *is* the text of the sign. It will be a HUGE rendering of the 2x3 brick on the site, with LDRAW detailed on the studs, and the words 'ldraw.org, Centralized LDraw Resources' in the same visual arrangement as the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) We at the GMLTC will be very sensitive about that issue. When we display the layout at train shows, we are very emphatic when asked (one of the most asked questions, BTW, right behind "how many bricks are there in the layout" and "how long (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: The Construction Site Boxcar...

(...) Hmmm... Thats Odd I just went back and checked with both IE and Netscape and I both pictures clicked through fine. I will look at my code though to see if there is something obscure in there. (...) Thanks! Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.trains)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) Hey, that's kind of interesting from a community-strategic point of view... What you've got there with the signage is an opportunity to let people know -- or at least hint at -- the fact that LDraw is a fan-created and fan-run project/system (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) Ya, well said! What I hope we as a community can help LEGO avoid is (to coin a phrase) "fansploitation" -- i.e., taking advantage of or exploiting things that fans did which they wish they'd thought of or done first, since they're getting into (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Thanks Larry, Horst, Ezio

(...) Indeed, but it was modified to include more people than just me (showing that I could build something from whatever I was given). ++Lar (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Construction Site Boxcar...

(...) permission (...) any thumbnail. Thumbnails look good, though. ++Lar (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the min production run #?

(...) <snip> Don't tell us! Tell Jason. Let LD look in ONE place for this info NOT in many posts scattered all over the group. ++Lar (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thanks Larry, Horst, Ezio

(...) Thanks for sharing your report with us. Your game seems to be a more developed version of the one we made at Torsten Werneckes home some weeks ago: using extreme none-train-theme-parts to create a totally new effekt. (As done with the technic (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thanks Larry, Horst, Ezio

(...) I want to second those thanks, and perhaps give them to a wider audience. This weekend was an absolute blast. I continue my quest to be the AFOL who has met the most other AFOLs and I have 5 new faces to add. Ezio showed us all some very (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Poor Man's Metroliner

(...) Thanks for posting the model. good job. John (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Monorail Motors?

This evening I finished a fourth car for my Airport Shuttle. While I was watching it go around a small layout it occurred to me that four cars might be more of a load than the monorail motor can handle. I'd hate to damage the motor as they are not (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) I'm not terribly concerned about the clarity of the entry. Though yes, it would be nice to have us mentioned by name, its not absolutely necessary, because our events themselves will mention us by name, and so will our literature. Eg, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) I find it disturbing that I can only view this with IE for some reason. I have to clear my Netscape Cache but at the moment I can't view it with Netscape. As to your issue with the text... I guess I agree with you to some extent although I (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GFLTC Boxcar on the Way is yours? (was: Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar)

(...) I have prepared only 2 containers, some further Germans have built boxcars already. First pictures are to be found here: (URL) what we need most at this time is a address of someone of the PNLTC. Please e-mail that to me or Paul Rutenberg: he (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) I agree with you, but I'm not sure that this would be any more clear to the average person that this isn't Lego-sponsored, without further explanatory text. (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) Am I the only one who finds this both almost as disturbing as exciting? I realize I'm looking at the page several days after it was originally mentioned, so maybe the text has changed, but the text I see doesn't mention BayLUG or GMLTC or (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Pics 4-8-8-4 Big Boy

(...) remarks (...) Thank you, John. To answer your questions, The front truck is attached to the body using the "saddle/steam pipes" portion. If you have a chance to see a Rivorrosi Big Boy HO scale locomotive, the mechanics are the same. There is (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics 4-8-8-4 Big Boy

"Stacy Bledsoe" <arketortur@aol.com> wrote in message news:FwK7qL.C35@lugnet.com... (...) remarks (...) Simply stunning! Next to the great mechanics of the wheels and the pistons, I also like the detail in the trailing truck, and the way the smoke (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Pics 4-8-8-4 Big Boy

(...) I have to say this is one of the best large engines I have seen to date. I am simply amazed at your complicated technique of getting around the curves. One question about the pins connecting the engine body and the tender body to the wheels. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact