 Trains / *5282 (-20)
  matching motor speeds on mutli-motor trains

Today, when my green trolley rearended my red trolley I decided to test my motors. I ranked them in order of speed. Then I thought that it would be bad to have a fast motor paired with a slow motor. I thought that pairing motors with dissimilar (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Jawn Henry construction notes (was Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

(...) If you do this (1) you need to arrange for articulation of some sort. I used a ball and socket(2). Others have used an arrangement to allow the non motor wheelset to slide sideways. (3) But if you make the 6 wheel truck rigid, you won't be (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Maglev Train

(...) It looks great but how do you intend to handle corners - I know Maglev does curve much but in real life it does have a guide rail. Basically I'm trying to make a train like this: (URL) of LEGO for ten years and still haven't got a perfect (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Pics of Eurostar Train

(...) Just what I was looking for! Alan (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

Thanks for the advise Michel, After looking over the Jawn Henry schematics last night I noticed that each six driver wheelset, there being 4 sets of 6, has an offset between the first and second pair of drivers, then the second and third are close (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Maglev Train

That's VERY cool. Not being privy to a monorail set, I've been trying to build an elevated railway for a long time now. I never thought about the possibility of using the toothed rails as the driving mechanism. Alan Gerber (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Pics of Eurostar Train

You'll find the pictures on the European Railway Server here: (URL) this is helpful, Nicholas Allan "Alan Gerber" <foofoogood@hotmail....ed_e-mail> wrote in message news:Fs0AE0.8GM@lugnet.com... (...) european (...) couldn't (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pics of Eurostar Train

(...) You might do well to try here: www.eurostar.com eric (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Maglev Train

I've made a maglev train in LDraw and you can see it at (URL) set: <set:2847> (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Pics of Eurostar Train

Could someone give me a link to more pics of this train: (URL) ? I've tried the european railway picture gallery, but the navigation was too confusing and I couldn't find it. TIA Alan (24 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train

(...) hehe... c /Terminalogical/Terminological/ ++Lar (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train

(...) Na, you got it just about right. I don't _know_ of any other makers of 'solid' wheels for railway engine use, so I think that it is right to call all wheels like that boxpox wheels. The only class of UK engines I can think of that used them (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  GFLTC at the H & R Train Show (Tampa Bay Area of Florida)

Hi all, The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club will have a large display at the H & R Trains Spring Show, March 31, April 1 and 2 in Pinellas Park, Florida. It’s our biggest show of the year (to date). The main layout is a large 23ft long x 3ft deep (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: GFLTC Take on Modules...

(...) James, It only looks like it's against the wall, there is a 2 and 1/2 foot space in the back. The back panels lift off for access and the speed controllers are behind the club logo(outside). Robin W. GFLTC (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New train

(...) I think Boxpox was a brand name for cast drivers that had small round holes as their cutouts instead of the more conventional spoked wheels. I also think people started using the term for any solid (except for round holes) drivers, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just how sturdy are your trains?

Well, if you rely only on auctions for your pieces, yes. I stopped buying from auctions and just buy the sets that have the pieces I need. Oh my! That's expensive! From that standpoint, buying the tiles from auczilla doesn't look so bad. Besides, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train

That's a cool looking engine, Ben! Thanks for sharing. Build On! John Matthews Ben Fleskes <benfleskes@msn.com> wrote in message news:Frx0CH.2tM@lugnet.com... (...) something. (...) early (...) now, I (...) truck. (...) chairs as (...) cylinders. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

I think you got it right there Dean. I would said the same thing, but, um, I didn't. Build On! John Matthews Dean Husby <nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote in message news:38DAD121.7FC802...a.bc.ca... (...) hold my (...) Panther (...) 1.35th (...) to a (...) (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

The central wheel from the 12V train motors comes off by simply pushing it upward, yo then fit the wider hub into the top of the hole in the middle of the 9V motor, and push it down. It allows a 6 wheel setup. They don't exactly match, but if it is (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just how sturdy are your trains?

I agree, but wouldn't that be EXSPENSIVE? (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact