 Trains / *4837 (-10)
  Re: Train Stoppers

(...) (forgive me because I've forgotten) one of the people in our group (wamalug) created some stoppers that have the little spring loaded things that are in the 4559, 1728, and a couple of others... so that when the train hits, it bounces off a (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Stoppers

Bear in mind that in the real world, arresting devices such as described here only last for one or two substantial collisions before succumbing to fatigue and shear. I would suggest building your arrestors so that they "break-away" near the base (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Stoppers

I have played with this problem unsuccessfully. My theory is that something that can take the collision force HAS to be placed so as to be against the ties, and further, shear must be counteracted somehow. Everything I did comes apart after about 10 (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not LEGO, but trains( $$$ for 2200 foot loop of track)

(...) Or more. We would just need to make some of the blocks shorter so people could slow down trains that were gaining on the one in front of them while they were in the short block... but each regular block could have 2 trains on it at once, (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Stoppers

I've been playing around with the end of track stoppers but have yet to come up with something that works. I'd like to hear what other people/groups have come up with. I have the 4553 train wash but find all the impact is on the magnet coupler. I'd (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GFLTC at GATS (South Florida)

(...) WAMALUG). I wish I had the time to get down there and see what ideas I can steal, ...err ... borrow from you all. Hope you take lot's of pictures. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: My website

Yet, another unique turn of a window element for use as a windshield in the diesel locomotive. Very neat! The mpeg is nice. Looks like your train set negotiates elevation changes through a curve very well. Good work. I look forward to seeing more. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My website

Very nice Steamer. How did you do the mechanism to get around the tight curves? Got any more pics? "Michael Kay" <Whompalompa@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Fr1Eq6.4Cp@lugnet.com... (...) places (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Not LEGO, but trains( $$$ for 2200 foot loop of track)

(...) <snip> (...) But by having electrically isolated lengths of track, you could start one train, and once it had moved onto the next section of track you could start another one. We could easily have ten trains running at once. JohnG, GMLTC (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Does anyone know of something like LUGNET, but for G-Scale Trains

try rec.models.railroad for a general model railroad newsgroup. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact