 Trains / 4668
Re: Not LEGO, but trains( $$$ for 2200 foot loop of track)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 14:45:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Poindexter writes:
Will Middelaer <betamale@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message • <snip>

With DCC, you could make a couple of passing sidings and have slow trains
and fast trains, since it is certain that people will want several trains on
the track.  Otherwise, even at 12 mph, which is really booking, it would be
almost 2 minutes for a train to come around.  I assume that there will be a
lot of cars on said train and 12 mph isn't likely, but 120 seconds is a long
time to sit and just look at empty track.

But by having electrically isolated lengths of track, you could start one
train, and once it had moved onto the next section of track you could start
another one.  We could easily have ten trains running at once.

JohnG, GMLTC