 Trains / 4652
Re: Not LEGO, but trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 21:55:16 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

A scale model is probably impractical (do the math, you'd need a
football field to build it in) but a selectively compressed model would
be an amazing centerpiece to a very large layout

Well, I was joking, but wasn't someone talking about setting some kind of
record at the "Great Create". The Great Create is held at a domed football
field...isn't it (still joking).

(c.f. Hell Gate bridge which, selectively compressed, is the centerpiece
of Bruce Chubb's Sunset Lines, which I really ought to try to track
down, since he lives in GR somewhere, supposedly)

Lego, or model train?

Chris said:

OK, so who wnats to make a scale model of the Huey P Long bridge? I had
no idea it was the longest train bridge in the world. I guess I
shouldn't be surprised since the trains have to climb from sea level
(since most of NO is below sea level maybe even from below sea level) to
100 or so feet above sea level; gotta let those big boats get up the
Mississippi.

Anyway, I just thought that there might be some interest.

Chris

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!