 Trains / *4782 (-20)
  Re: Stickers - Problems

(...) 3225 is not a set it's a train - it deserves it's own category along with 4558 and 4565. A set in the model train world is something that can operate just using the components in the package. (...) It's been said before, 4561 would be so good (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC and LEGO Trains

(...) Actually it is rather easy to do that. I've done that for my RCX Train. Unfortunately I didn't take picks of my working on the motor but I've got some pics of the completed item. (URL) image shows a second wire coming out of the motor just (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Newbie questions

I have seen train accessories and sets at Zainy Brainy. I can't recall if they have track, but they have a lot of stuff that is otherwise only available from shop at home. Richard Marchetti <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stickers - Problems

(...) the (...) to. (...) the (...) I've had a similar problem with a 3225 too - at first I thought that the box had been returned to the shop after someon had opened it and pulled the stickers off the backing. They seem to stay on the elements OK (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)

(...) That's OK Larry - you're always there in spirit!! JohnG, GMLTC (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Stickers - Problems

I have never had a sticker problem EXCEPT with #4556, the small red train station. Some of the stickers were curling up off the backing when I opened the box, and they have continued to curl up from the elements they were applied to. I wonder if (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stickers - Problems

(...) No. 4560 is BETTER than 4561 because it doesn't come with the rather useless transformer. And 3225 is easily better than 4559. Although, as you say, it *is* a set rather than just a collection of cars or a locomotive. So I'd rank 4559 and (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Stickers - Problems

The last 2 new sets I have built (4560 & 3225) have both had the same problem with their stickers. The problem is that the other items inside the MISB boxes must rub against the sticker sheet and cause them to come off the sheet and stick on other (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Great posts( was Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)

(...) Well in fear of this being another "Me Too" post here goes. I agree with all that has been said here but I thought I would add some NELUG perspective. (...) I would have to agree. Plus I would have to add some of the sculpting done by Eric (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: DCC and LEGO Trains

(...) It depends, do you want lights or to run a 2nd motor slaved to the first? You wouldn't run over the 1 A limit, since you would have (C 25 Ohms/motor, 25/2=13 ohms circuit, 9/13=less than 1 amp). You should NOT try to run 3 motors connected to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model of MATRA VAL System

(...) How about just "Size" ? Sounds simple enough... K. (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Great posts( was Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)

I hate "me too" posts but what an excellent post. If we ever get to excluding people who love the brick just because they love it in a different way, we've failed. Just because castle isn't my cup of tea doesn't mean I can't hurt my jaw in amazement (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)

(...) That it was called GMLTC is relatively new, but it has existed for many many years. It started as just Conan and his uncle but when Conan got a job at LIC MOA everyone else that worked there started going over to his house to build, then the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: DCC and LEGO Trains

(...) Drat. We really need two outputs, one constant and one controlled, and two inputs, one constant and one controlled. (...) Right. I knew that. I just remembered it AFTER I pressed the send button. Sigh. Thanks for the reminder though (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC and LEGO Trains

(...) that won't work with the current setup, since the upper power connection is controlled seperatly from the speed - that way the lights don't dim when you slow down the train. (which is cool on it's own). Perhaps it's possible not to do that, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Model of MATRA VAL System

(...) Well put. Most of us except for Mr 8wide himself are happy to see others prosper in their chosen "scale" (1). 8wide needs to ease up or publicly acknowledge he's just always in "working the gag mode" as his fanaticism could be taken the wrong (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGOfest? (was Re: Talgo Update: Amtrak Cascadish Gull-Wing Car)

Erm, never mind. It's just a rumor at this point, nothing may come of it, and I was speaking out of turn. Please forget about it till you hear more. If you do. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: DCC and LEGO Trains

I'm just spouting off... but one thing about the way DCC was implemented by Tom that struck me was.... why not allow multiple motors to be controlled by one receiver? I admit I only skimmed it. Suppose that in addition to modifying motors to install (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Newbie questions

(...) I still have brand new couplers, magnets and holders for sale----$2.50/pair bogie plates---- $1.75/pair Train motors and side pieces-- $19. That's about 30% off S@H's prices. LMK Crosspost to .market.b-s-t -John (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Model of MATRA VAL System

(...) BTW, that someone is *me*{:^D -John (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact