 Trains / *4087 (-20)
  Re: Train Stickers

Fantastic work. Great attention to detail. It is amazing how a little strip of silver really highlights certain parts of the trains. The white "spokes" for the small wheels was a stroke of genius! With respect to the large red spoked wheels on the (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Stickers

You mentioned an Alps printer. Does it print in white (white ink)? We had an earlier thread about custom logo printing and it seems to be a drag if you have white in your logo, your kind of stuck. BTW As I said in my direct mail. Your models are (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Stickers

Doug, All the photographs were shot using an Olympus D300-L (one of the first megapixel cameras) and a three point lighting set-up. This camera tends to give pictures a bluish cast so much digital color-correction was neccesary. Today most premium (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Stickers

Simply spectacular modeling. My hat is off to you. Your models have clean lines, elegant in proportion and pleasing to the eye. Thanks for sharing. Ben Fleskes PNLTC (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Stickers

(...) I bet some of us are also wondering how you got the pictures looking that good! Digital or 35mm? What type of lighting? What film speed? The pictures look incredible! I love Kathryn and the Mobile tank car. -Doug G +---...---+ Douglas M (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Interesting (old) Editorial

(...) Its not that harsh, this is from one of the more serious model railway mag's at the time, with a fair amount of 4mm finescale. It is more that they are a good toy, poor model type statement than anything else, and they do at least credit lego (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Stickers

(...) Thats A wonderfull model for lego Brian .. wow im in love! Im trying to model a 2 - 3 - 3 - 0 steamer in cad with the 12 v engine parts... now I got some Ideas LOL (locomotive museum anyone?) -T Burger (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Stickers

Everyone, Several people have inquired about the stickers used on some the cars that I posted pictures of last week. Here are four more cars plus the original pics with updated descriptions... "(URL) An old-time Austrian beer car lettered for the (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Interesting (old) Editorial

James Powell wrote in message ... (...) gone (...) may (...) really up (...) That's harsh! 1983 had some fantastic Lego train sets. I could onyl imagine what they would write about today's crop of sets if they disliked the 1983 sets. (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pantograph suggestions ?

The shoe is the hard part. Getting to the shoe seems pretty straightforward. Look at how the croc or metroliner does it. (URL) shows the croc pretty clearly. (wasn't there an alternate model for this set???) All those parts except the shoe (top (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container grabber

(...) Bite your tongue. But glue it to the roof of your mouth first so that it really hurts. Infidel. (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.books, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: De-lurk

Welcome Alan! Sounds like you have a great *starter* set-up;-) So you say you are not on the dark side yet, but I say give it a try. Start out with a box car. Kitbash your sliding doors from one of your boxcars and see what you can do. Basically, I (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container grabber

Glue? Chris Just couldn't resist. (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.books, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Pantograph suggestions ?

Hello, I am trying to make a pantograph, but none of my attempts have been satisfying so far. Any suggestions ? Gilles (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Abandoned Tracks (Was: Oops(was De-lurk))

(...) which I thought was an excellent touch... (...) Those are Wonderfull ideas for abandoned tracks, a good addition could be remains of posts (a 2 x 2 brick along side?) or extra ties so each section has 4 ties rather then 2, break up some ties, (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Oops(was De-lurk)

(...) The WAMALUG abandon track arose when the LEGO Outlet store got a few cases of the old straight gray rails. We're planning on putting in a few old boxcars with 4.5v wheels and some hobos hanging about. Of course, this camp may overrun if Kevin (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Oops(was De-lurk)

(...) Hello, hello... and welcome to trains, trains! Got any pics of your town? BTW, the WAMALUG town has an abandoned track, which I thought was an excellent touch... (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Oops(was De-lurk)

(...) Oops. I didn't mean to post it twice. Alan (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  De-lurk

Hello all. I have a town with a train connected to it. I enjoy trains, and have a Metroliner, a Load and Haul Railroad, a Freight and Crane railway, and a Level Crossing(the red 9v one). I am not on the dark side, John.:) Alan (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  De-lurk

Hello all. I have a town with a train connected to it. I enjoy trains, and have a Metroliner, a Load and Haul Railroad, a Freight and Crane railway, and a Level Crossing(the red 9v one). I am not on the dark side, John.:) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact