 Trains / 3944
Re: Interesting (old) Editorial
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:56:20 GMT

James Powell wrote in message ...
As I was thumbing through some of my old MRC's (Model Railway Constructor, • gone
since 87), I came across the following little gem of a statement:

"It is arguable that the Lego train sets, expensive and unrealistic as they • may
be, represent the most recent attempt to revamp model railways into a • really up
to date child's toy"

(from the Feb 1983 issue)

Thought I would share that little tidbit with the group :)

That's harsh! 1983 had some fantastic Lego train sets. I could onyl imagine
what they would write about today's crop of sets if they disliked the 1983
sets.