 Trains / 3943
Re: Pantograph suggestions ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:28:30 GMT

The shoe is the hard part. Getting to the shoe seems pretty
straightforward. Look at how the croc or metroliner does it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/4000/4551/4551-11.html shows the croc
pretty clearly. (wasn't there an alternate model for this set???)

All those parts except the shoe (top part) are fairly readily
available.... and there is a resQ set that has the shoe, I think. What I
did for the Shinkasen Nik and I just modeled was go with two 1x2 plates
with side 3 finger hinges, mounted upside down, with a 2x4 plate on top
of those, as our simulated shoe. Kind of bulky but I wasn't going to
part out a croc to get the shoe. I also wanted the double panto instead
of single (arms on both sides instead of just one), so we had to do
something double ended.

James Mathis just posted his Cisalpino which has a double panto but the
arms are offset from each other by a stud. That's cheating, but what the
hey.

Gilles S.C. Lamant wrote:

Hello,

   I am trying to make a pantograph, but none of my attempts have been
satisfying so far. Any suggestions ?

Gilles

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar