 Trains / *3282 (-20)
  Re: Elephant ears (was Re: What are the fins on some steam locomotives for?

(...) Yep, My EuroTrash Live Steamer has them...where does the smoke blow? Right into my face! (Mind you, I'm 16/1 too big for the cab of the engine too!) (...) Actually, I think it has more to do with the size of the engine and the front drag of (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Elephant ears (was Re: What are the fins on some steam locomotives for?

(...) These are called, (1) "smoke deflectors"... Very much more common on EuroTrash trains than on US proto (2). Good example of a US proto loco that uses them, though, is UP 8444 1 - In the best, totally unimaginative, tradition of railroad (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  High quality scans wanted for BrickSet

Would someone be kind enough to send me 75dpi scans of the front covers of the instructions of 4553, 4556 and 4557 for www.brickset.co.uk? Thanks in advance Huw (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  4565 for $99.99 from ZanyBrainy - get it NOW before they're all gone!

Several people have noted that ZB has the 4565 train on sale for $99.99... Well, I called around this morning, and my local one didn't seem to have them on sale. Soooo, I started calling other states. Several stores were all out already, even though (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail

(...) It does. If you're interested, I have several shots from my vacation to Florence (which, my god, was almost a year ago). I don't have them scanned in currently, though if you're patient I can have them by just after Christmas (I don't own a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail

(...) side. Err. I think it's a bit far from the Pitti, if memory serves. And I'm not so sure it (presently) connects to the Uffizi. (...) If so, it's not open to the public, or part of the Uffizi Museum. (...) The anecdote I heard was that the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: What are the fins on some steam locomotives for?

(...) They are to deflet the smoke from the chimney. Most of the time, the engine design would be such that the airflow across the top of the engine lifts the smoke off the enginetop. Sometimes the designer didn't get it right, and various 'smoke (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: [FA] - eBay - Lego CUSTOM: - Unique 4 axle custom Hopper

(...) Sorry, I meant the 5 unit articulated doublestack. (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail

Great ideas Erik! Only you've got the wrong Italian city for the Ponte Vecchio. It is actually in Florence. The Ponte Vecchio bridge is very interesting because on top of the bridge are 2 galleries, the lower gallery consists of shops and stores, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy

(...) When I called this morning, they said they were not on sale, they were $149.99. I asked them if they were sure, as other ZBs had flyers for them being on sale at $99.99, and they insisted that they were not on sale. I think they also said (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  What are the fins on some steam locomotives for?

At the front end of some steam locomotives, there are two vertical fins. What are they for? Thanks, Hao-yang Wang (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do you like monorails?

(...) They use the same monorails in Miami. They are called People Movers actually. Systems are in service, AFAIK, in Dallas, Miami, and Sydney. They usually are for small inner-city routes (i.e. the Miami route goes all through downtown and (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy

In lugnet.trains, Tom Stangl writes: <SNIP> Tom, there were 4 or 5 on sale at the San Mateo ZB last Friday. Paul Sinasohn (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Do you like monorails?

I was working on Sydney (Oz) a few months back, and the Mono-rail there had no driver (or so it appeared). Perhaps this could be a way for TLG to save money if the ever use mono-rail again? (a cynical) Scott A Tobias Möller wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy

(...) after (...) My local store in CA did NOT have them on sale. I called a few other states, and most ZBs were out of them already, or very low in stock. If you want some, I suggest you call your local ZB *TODAY*, and if they are out, call other (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Do you like monorails?

Do you like them? I think they are cool, because you can have stations on top of houses, and they move so quiet. They remind me somewhat of a futuristic hover-train. that´s probably why the first monorail was a space one. --Tobias (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switching from 4,5V to 9V

Hi Mathias, I'm the "German fellow", who has done a conversion of 9V motors to work on 12V track. If interested follow this link and look into the "Lego Motor History" section: (URL) Godt" Ben BTW: do you know the German Lego-Forum: (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: KB Kids

(...) They are pretty bad about that from what I can tell. They have screwed up both my order and also one of my friend's by sending us the wrong stuff. My friend didn't even get LEGO. I suggest calling them vs email because they are pretty (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for track

(...) I'm going to add a comment here: I've ordered 13 of them, and I really cannot afford to order any more for resale, so if you didn't see it the first time, my offer has expired :( James P (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: [FA] - eBay - Lego CUSTOM: - Unique 4 axle custom Hopper

(...) Paul, there are a few pictures of it on James's own site, I don't have the URL for it though. James P (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact